Friday, April 10, 2009

Aren't all Friday's Good?

Happy (early) Easter! Easter is my favorite candy holiday because of these.....


If you are interested in the nutritional value of these lovely little things, go here. I just about fell off my chair when I discovered that each one is 4 Weight Watcher points!!!! Is this the place to admit that I ate 4 of them yesterday?

Our Easter Sunday plans involve going to church* and then going to my inlaws house for dinner. My brother and his galpal along with some dear family friends will be coming over for dinner tomorrow. I am making my first ham. When I told my mother my exciting news that I was no long going to be a "ham virgin", she rolled her eyes and said "all you have to do is heat it up". Hmmmpf. It is still a major step for cooking to me. This is my first traditional holiday meal that I am doing solo.

*Mom and Dad, are you still upright? Yes, I did say church.

Today I am finally feeling better. My energy level seems to be fairly normal and my cold/sinus infection seems to be gone *knocking on wood*. Today is going to be in the 50's so I am going to be out running and enjoying the nice weather. I need to catch up because I have not strapped on the Saucony's for almost 2 weeks.

My weigh-in went well, I am down 1.4. The journal swap was interesting. My leader took my tracker home to make comments. She is going to be in for a shock to see that Wednesday and Thursday's daily allowance was all candy and booze. I might be the topic for the next meeting. Ha! This week will be better as I pulled out my pen and paper and did some real meal planning and my goal is to stay away from the Easter candy. Afterall, I did have my fair share yesterday.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe holiday weekend. Enjoy! I will be catching up on my reading this weekend.

I just realized that my proofreading skills suck. My post from a few days ago is titled "Sprink Break".

25 comments:

X-Country2 said...

Candy and booze seems like a pretty good investment to me!

Have a great holidady weekend.

kdrociak said...

Hi there!

I came across your blog and saw that you’re passionate about running and staying fit. I’m not sure if you’ve ever tried Greek yogurt, but it's strained which leaves it with twice the protein and half the sugar of regular yogurt. Stonyfield Farm makes Oikos Organic Greek yogurt which has a whopping 15 grams of protein per 5.3 oz. serving, which is a great snack to fuel up on. Our Oikos Greek yogurt is also unique because it’s the only organic Greek yogurt on the market today. We feel that organic is not only better for you, but better for the planet as well.

I’d love to send you some free coupons to give Oikos a try. If you're interested, just shoot me an email at kdrociak@stonyfield.com and let me know where to send them.

Take care,

Kristina
Stonyfield Farm

Cyndi said...

Ooooo...nothing worse than having the 'teacher' grade your work! ;-)

You will have to share her comments with us! Hopefully it will be along the lines of 'hey, we're all human.'

My fav are the Cadburry cream eggs...ohhhhh boy!

kilax said...

Those are my favorite Easter treat! One year, I found them on sale after Easter and bought about 20 cases. Yikes.

Congrats on being down 1.4!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, candy and booze! What's wrong with you, don't you know it's Chips and booze?

tfh said...

Mmm, peanut butter. Chocolate.

I have never cooked a ham. Your mom seems to underestimate how difficult heating things up is for some of us-- yes, I do set off the smoke alarm fairly frequently...

Kelly said...

There is no problem consuming only candy and alcohol. It makes you feel like you aren't on a real DIET. Especially if the candy is those yummy reeses eggs! Mmmm..

Jess said...

Glad to hear you're feeling better and that you had a weight loss! A good week for sure!

raulgonemobile said...

I'd be willing to burn my points on candy and booze. Or, maybe just booze. lol

Have a great weekend

Missy said...

Candy and booze sounds like a great plan to me!!! All Friday's ARE good - you are so very right.

Be careful, that WW counselor may get you into another 12 step program. That'll depend on how much booze we're talkin!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I just realized that my proofreading skills suck. My post from a few days ago is titled "Sprink Break".

Hahahahaha! Classic, sister!

But that's nothing! How lame is this?

I know a blogger who, if he notices a spelling or egregious grammatical error in his posts DAYS or WEEKS later, will fix it like it never happened!

Isn't that LAME?

HEY! Don't call me LAME!

Happy Easter, sister! Those candies don't count because it's part of the MIRACLE THAT IS EASTER that the animals talk at midnight and candy has no fat or calories.

Or maybe that's Christmas.

Sarah said...

Oooh....those pb eggs look awesome...I am drooling all over my keyboard. I am a sucker for the little Cadbury eggs. :)

Diana said...

Those peanut butter eggs are the bomb! Easter candy is by far the hardest thing for me to make it through!
thanks for the nice comments-I hate to admit, but I love that photo of me and my evil twin!

Good luck on the run!

Janice {Run Far} said...

Peanut Butter Eggs are my all time favorite. YUMMY.. wish i had one right now.

Marlene said...

They make Reese eggs?!?????? OMG, why have I been missing out on these? (Maybe that's a good thing...)

Congrats on the loss. Woohooo!

Happy Easter and goood luck with your first ham!

chia said...

I instantly want to wrap one of those around a peep and have a happy easter menage-tois or whatever it's called.

SuperDave said...

Oh I love Reese's PB eggs!

RBR said...

True story: Many years ago (ok, last year) I ate two packages of those damn things (yes, 12 eggs!) in one sitting and almost slipped into a sugar coma.

At least I learned my lesson. Only one package at a time!

I am glad you are feeling better!

Running Around Acres said...

Pizza and booze is my two cents.

Hope the weekend was great for you.

Heather said...

Thank you Carly! I bought two packages of the Reese's on sale at ALbertson's. Did I mention I got them on sale? I'm feeling inspired to crack one open right now. I think I can list the peanut butter as a protein serving in my WW online;-)

Tammy said...

But, Carly, isn't one six-pack of those Reese's eggs equal to one serving? Why would they sell 6 of them in a pack if you weren't supposed to eat all 6??

Hmph! Yeah, I'm glad that all of the easter candy is out of my house now. Must keep away from the stores until it's all gone.

Congrats on the loss!

Marcy said...

Ahhhhh the peanut butter eggs are the best part of Easter. Those and Cadbury Cream Eggs. YUM!

paige said...

Thanks Carly!! That right there is just the incentive I needed to keep my sticky fingers out of the ENTIRE bag of PB eggs that John got yesterday LOL

lindsay said...

congrats on the weight loss! hope the candy/booze combo didn't set you back any. candy (/junk food) is a perfectly fine diet in my opinion, it just doesn't seem to be giving me the results i want! ;) hope you had a good easter weekend.

Nitmos said...

Mmm, Reese's Good. I have the added benefit if having my kids hate this particular candy. So, every Halloween, guess who gets it?