Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Blogging Whilst Drinking


I am at the computer with the bottle of wine. I truly apologize in advance for any rude, crude, and offensive comments I may have left on your blog. Wine really goes to my head and makes me quite "typeractive". I am not working, I am not editing photos, and I am not doing ANYTHING productive (except helping my heart by drinking red wine and watching COPS).

Anywhooooooo......now that you are warned.........

I signed up for Twin Cities Marathon. The full monte. 26.2 miles. The whole sha-bang. I did it yesterday while I was very sober. Today, I am in need of a paper bag because I am hyperventilating. What did I do? Sarge and I are doing it together but it hasn't quite sunk in yet. Based on my last few posts and my mental state during the last few weeks you must me thinking WTF??!! Well.....that is EXACTLY what I am thinking too. I have never been one for logic or common sense. October 4th 2009 I will complete my 3rd marathon.

I also found out today that I will be going full time at my "real" job. I was really conflicted about spending so much time at the office and doubling my workload. I really could use the extra dinero, however I am sad that I won't have the same quality time with the kiddos (who will duct tape them?????). Thankfully I work with some of the greatest people on Earth and they are being incredibility flexible with my schedule. I truly feel like I get the best of both worlds. The funny thing is, even though I am doubling my office hours, I am 200% sure that it will be less stressful and I will have much more QT with the chubby brats.

If that news wasn't good enough....I also went to the doctor today for a follow up. She checked my iron levels and laughed. I asked "are they normal?", she laughed again and her response was "Not even close". So now, after all these months I have a very minor surgery scheduled next month that should cure the the problem. *crossing fingers* I am really sick of being exhausted all the time. I am anxious to feel "normal" again. Best of all, it is such minor procedure that I should only be out a couple of days.

While I was on the table, nekkid in my paper gown, my doctor decided that this was the perfect time to discuss running. I learned that my doc is also a new runner and we are participating in some of the same events. 30 minutes later.....we were still yakking about different races we have done and would like to do. I guess I need to apologize to the woman waiting for the doc in the next room. Now I know why it takes so long to see her...she must runners as patients. Ha! If my doc can be a runner with her insane schedule, I can be a runner one with my crazy life.

It was a good day today. A very good day. I just hope tomorrow doesn't start with a headache after this wine!

26 comments:

mak'n Changes said...

That was a nice light hearted post and I liked it a lot. Thanks for allowing me to end my day with a grin.
Cindie

Missy said...

That sounds like a great plan - wine, blog, only one job and a marathon. Glad to hear they've found the 'issue' and can fix it. Being tired all the time sux.

Diana said...

Hope all goes well with the procedure and your stamina improves. Your post seemed very relaxed-must be the wine, maybe I should start drinking!

D10 said...

Way to sign up for the marathon!!! I am sure you'll be ready to train hard once you get the iron problem in check.

Jess said...

COngrats on registering for TCM! A big race always provides a lot of excitement and motivation.

Hope everything goes well with your procedure. What kind of "procedure" do they perform with "low iron levels"?

Catholic Runner said...

A marathon in October, you're my hero!

Marlene said...

Another marathon! Woohoo!

raulgonemobile said...

Awesome! Another marathon.. sweet!

Glad the job thing is flexible for you.. that's worth a lot in and of itself.

Hope everything goes well with your procedure

Heather said...

Yay for signing up for Twin Cities! I'm thinking about putting in for the 10-miler lottery . . .

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Good on you signing up for the Marathon, sister! Live life!

Hey, good to hear you have a diagnosis and best of luck on the procedure next month.

I drunk blogged, once, and let me tell you - your drunk blogging is NOTHING compared to what happened during MINE.

I, of course, was fine, but the commenters? Man, they all made @$$es of themselves!

Leastways that's how I remember it.

lindsay said...

congrats on signing up! you will do awesome. hope the surgery truly does fix the iron issue once and for all - i hate medical issues that drag on and on and on. very exciting to be going full time these days and picking up more work time too! and on the doctor note, my female-doc (a man) got into a convo with me about the goofy challenge when i was there for my last annual..... yeah sure doc, lets discuss running while you are fondling my parts. terrific!

Fian said...

I loved to read about you and your doc; sounds like you two have a decent relationship. It sounds like you're in great hands.

tfh said...

Grim laughter from a doctor is never good. Was it grim? Or was she actually amused? Either way, I wouldn't have been pleased. I'm glad the surgery is minor at least.

Congratulations on signing up for the marathon!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Marathon...huh! WTG!

Tammy said...

Yay for signing up! I heard great things about the Twin Cities marathon from a couple of girls in the hotel hot tub this week in Boston...

Boo! for making me think of wine when I still have at least 6 hours until I can partake! :-)

Lily on the Road said...

Jeezzz, if I sit down with red wine, does that mean my life will all come together? LOL...glad to hear they are going to plug up the Iron leakage! Finally!!

TCM, that is so cool, you'll be ready by October...can hardly wait to hear about the training , but wait ~ does this mean no further drunken musings??? Dang....

Janice {Run Far} said...

Hope the procedure goes well and you recover quick. It sucks to be tired so often.

MCM Mama said...

Yay for marathon training and blogging while drinking.

Will you be giving up your PT job?

Hope the surgery solves the problem.

Carolina John said...

so you're doubling the workload AND startinga marathon training plan? this kind of forward moving ambition just isn't like you carly. are you feeling feverish? cold meds and wine can be dangerous you know. dangerously fun, i mean.

good luck with the marathon.

Marcy said...

YYYYYEEEEEESSSSSSSSS CONGRATS on signing up Carly!! Now you need to practice your drinking with running a marathon. It's gonna take some work, but I think you can do it! HAHA!

teacherwoman said...

Great post! And congrats for signing up for the full marathon!

Melanie said...

Congrats on signing up for another, i'm happy to hear you did it while sober :D Hope the procedure goes well, speedy recovery!

mommie2lea said...

Wow... great news all around (except for the iron level and surgery... but the light at the end of the tunnel IS great)!

X-Country2 said...

Nothing makes the summer/fall go by fast like the fear of a marathon on the horizon! :o)

aron said...

YAY congrats on signing up for the marathon!! exciting :)

Laura N said...

So excited for all the good stuff going on with you--even if it's crazy! Hope the procedure is easy & does what it's supposed to.

Looking forward to watching you train for 26.2. My plan is to try it for the first time next April.

Enjoy your weekend!