Monday, April 6, 2009

Sprink Break!

I can't believe that it has been almost a whole week without a blog post. Truthfully, there really hasn't been anything blog worthy to post. Everyone in my house has had some medical drama this past week. Diva has an ear infection. The boys have bad colds which causes my oldest to be hooked up to a nebulizer. Chubby Hubby pulled a muscle by his ribs and my cold turned into a sinus infection. We have been a really fun group to be around. Thankfully everyone is starting to turn the corner and we are all starting to feel better. *knocking on wood*

Weight Watchers this week showed another gain because I have been eating crappy. Others in my meeting have also fallen off the wagon and are struggling with their weight loss efforts. As a group we decided that we needed another level of accountability to at least get the ball rolling again. We decided that we are going turn in our food journals at our next meeting for review. This is forcing me to journal but it is amazing what I don't eat when I am faced with a little public humiliation. I am looking forward to a loss this week.

Thank you to everyone who gave there opinion about buying/selling race bibs and bandit race running. I truly was curious about everyone's view on this subject. I know from reading some posts on Runner's World, that this is a hot topic for debate. The poll results were about 50/50 as whether or not people would partake in bib swapping or bandit running.
I have been on both sides of this issue. I have lost money due to an injury keeping me from an event and I have been frustrated by not getting into several races due to lottery selection.
I have purchased a bib from a friend in the past to get into a popular mid-distance, lottery selection race. I wanted to run with my girlfriend just for fun, not for a PR or to get my name in the paper. I don't know that I could do it for a full marathon only because I would want the full bragging rights. As a back of the pack runner, I don't see the harm in swapping out a bib as I am just another one in the crowd.


It is Spring break week here in our house. No trips this year and I am happy that we are staying put. It is time to spring clean this house and I am going to put little hands to work. I am thinking of ways to bribe them to get rid of stuff. I also will be catching up with all of Blogland this week as well as getting back to my little running routine.

23 comments:

Jess said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! I think showing your food journals is a great way to keep you motivated!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

sharing food journals. Ick. Yeah, that would probably stop me from eating poorly too.

Kelly said...

Ooo spring cleaning. I need to get on that wagon. I still have boxes of CHRISTMAS stuff laying around!
Feel better!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sharing journals...
Maybe that would have prevented me from having a 62 point day...

D10 said...

Geez, you all really did have some issue pop up. Glad to hear you are all on the mend.

I think it is a great idea that you have to show your food journal. It will help keep you on track.

Missy said...

Writing it all down...ouch! It'll work, I'm sure.

Enjoy your spring break and hope the fam is 100% very soon.

Jess said...

That's awful that you've had so much illness in your house as of late. Hope everyone can fully recover over spring break!

lindsay said...

hope everyone is feeling better! know the feeling on nutrition... i used to count cals up until maybe 6 weeks ago? that keeps me on track, but sometimes i get obsessed about it and obviously that's not always good - then i don't eat enough. so i need to find a balance myself. good luck in the nutrition battle!

AKA Alice said...

I've been keeping a food journal the past two weeks. It's amazing what I won't eat when I have to write it down, but I also can see how I sometimes "cheat" (really...I only drank 5 oz of wine...when really it was probably three times that).

Wow...public humiliation...that might work.

raulgonemobile said...

Yeah, I don't think I want to be personally accountable by seeing all that I ingest, never mind being publicly accountable. :)

Cyndi said...

I said I was going to journal this month, and sadly, I haven't!

But your post has smacked me into reality and I'm off to jot down my food so far for today...thank god it's a 'good eating' day so far - which is more than I can say for yesterday when I wanted to eat everything in site following an 8 mile run on Saturday! *ugh*

Marlene said...

Sorry to hear about all the sickness, but glad to hear you all seem to be getting better.

Enjoy Spring Break! (I need one of those.)

tfh said...

Next ethical question: would you lie about the two spoonfuls of ice cream that led to the consumption of the entire pint in your food journal? ;)

Hope everyone around there feels better soon-- doesn't sound like much of a break.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Writing down what I ate would probably make me hungry and lead to my eating more.

I hate it when everyone is sick at the same time! The house is like an ICU and we're all competing for the bragging right to "Most Sick Of Teh Lot". But really, the sickest person never wins that contest - the complainingest one does - i.e., me!

Woo-hoo! First place! I'll take it, even if I did cheat.

Hope all are better now.

Good luck this week at WW!

Diana said...

Everyone seems to have spring break this week, my son gets off next week! Figures, my week to work!

Glad to hear all are turning the fence on the colds and such-weather hasn't been all that great to do anything anyways!

X-Country2 said...

Good luck with the food journal. I just ate a handful of m&ms, so I'd clearly suck at such things. :o)

teacherwoman said...

I hope the family is feeling better soon!

paige said...

A house full of sick people is never fun. Enjoy your Spring break, sounds like you deserve it.

I tend to be more accountable as well when I share my journal. Doesn't mean that I like it though LOL

RachelB said...

I'm sorry to hear there has been so much sickness in your household.

Your blog is very inspiring! Keep up the great work.

Heather said...

I definitely would be better about what I eat if I knew someone else would know all my little dirty secrets. Scary! Happy spring break week - it's nice to get all those big cleaning projects done before the weather gets really nice.

MizFIt said...

feel better.

why is it always the vay cay times we (or the Mizwe. the UpInHerreWe) are knocked OUT by illness?!

The Leptin Diet said...

I use to run to try to lose weight but I developed shin splints. which I guess is common with bigger people... A friend showed me something he is taking and ive been able to lose weight and not be hungry and without so much running! It has been discovered that many people who are chronically overweight are silently suffering from a condition that they may not even be aware of… Leptin resistance.

This is the first product on the market to work directly on the brain to effectively address Leptin resistance.

The Leptin hormone controls the two most important factors regarding your weight. Go To http://www.GoGetThin.com

Anonymous said...

Скромнее надо замечаться [url=http://tutledy.ru/contacts.html]контакты[/url]