Sunday, May 3, 2009

AHHHHHHHHH..........

The weekend is DONE!

I am sitting here with an icing my aching feet and drinking a nice cold beer (make that plural). Normally I would not be happy about the weekend being done, but busy ones like this make me crave my weekly routine. This weekend was one for the record books.

Today's event was a hit. Our Parent Advisory Council put on a Mom's Retreat which is a day of fun and relaxation for women (unless you are working the event, in that case you run your ass off). It was fun and I got to do what I love, take photos. I did the photo booth as well as event photos. I got to also meet some local comedic talent, Darlene Westgor who won Nick at Nite's Funniest Mom in America and Miss Shannan another hysterical comedienne and local DJ.

One of the fun things that we had going on during the day was chair massages out on the deck. I took a 15 minute break and was able to take advantage of one. The massage therapist was appalled at the knots in my back. I moaned and groaned and made some really *ahem* interesting noises when she hit the painful spots in my back. But it felt soooo good! Chubby Hubby, if you are reading this a massage would be a GREAT Mother's Day gift (hint hint).

Yesterday ended up being great! While I was frantically in Tar-jay searching for church appropriate pants that fit my chubby butt, I received a phone call from the photographer that just 12 hours earlier was pleading for my help. She was calling to let me know that her regular assistant was miraculously feeling better and that she would not need my services. I felt a blow up coming on, afterall I did completely clear my schedule and rearrange my day to bail her ass out. Then came the wave of relief. To sum that feeling, I was "happy pissed" (Thanks Tana for a new word)

So with that off the agenda, I was able to celebrate Sarge's birthday by meeting up at Lake Harriet for a 5K and cake. Then later that night I met for dinner at one of the local restaurants where the party continued with good food and even better laughs. I was so happy to make it to the 5K portion because it got me excited to want to run again. Minneapolis has so many awesome places to run and seeing all the people running made me want to get out there.

So to sum up the weekend.....exhausting but fantastic. I back to my regular scheduled programming tomorrow.....(hopefully that will include a little bit of running).

I am off to catch up on my Google Reading. Holy moly....you people are writing maniacs.

21 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy pissed haha. Better than pissed pissed.

AKA Alice said...

You're so much nicer than I am...I might have been happy pissed, but I'd have probably let the photographer have it anyway (just to make me feel better...)

Good luck finding church appropriate pants in Tar-jay these days. All I see is Hoo-chee-mama, teeny-bopper clothes in my Tar-jay. (well...and my fave Champion workout gear...but probably not appropriate for church).

Take it easy this week girl! You need a break!

mak'n Changes said...

Wow that is one adventure packed weekend and what a cherry topping the 5k made it. Glad you made it thru alive. *wink*
Cindie

WADDLER26.2 said...

I love the happily pissed but totally understand the relief when that happened. Gla that it turned into a great day!

mommie2lea said...

"Happy pissed" is the perfect way to describe it, LOL!

I'm glad you got some downtime to enjoy!

D10 said...

Does sound like a busy yet wonderful weekend. Hope your husbands gets the picture about the massage and mother's day thing.

MCM Mama said...

Glad you ended up getting some downtime! I'd have been annoyed too, but unexpected free time rocks!

I love massages. There's a woman near my parents' house who does awesome hour long massages for a reasonable price. I have both Beer Geek and myself booked for some in June.

Carolina John said...

wow, that does sound like a busy fun weekend! glad you enjoy'd it carly.

Marcy said...

You didn't record your massage chair sounds? Come on Carly! :P HAHHA!

Marlene said...

Busy weekends are fun but they go by in a blue. I can't believe it's Monday already!

Jess said...

Glad you can return to a normal routine this week! Hope the beers went down smooth.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your event went well! I also hope you enjoyed the beer(s)!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

This post reminds me that I was RIGHT when I made the choice to have no friends!

Wait. I just remembered ... it wasn't my choice!

Man, I am really happy pissed about that!

Enjoy the week, sister!

tfh said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. And if you groaned during a chair massage, I'm sure you'll be AWESOME in a full-body massage. :)

VeeGettingHealthy said...

Geez. I got tired just reading what you did. And **I** thought my weekend was busy! Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

Al's CL Reviews said...

I like happy pissed!

Heather said...

I love happy pissed. I always get really inspired watching races. And not nearly so sweaty.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

We both had busy weekends. Howver, I did not have a beer(s). I came home and crashed.

teacherwoman said...

Happy pissed. Lovin' it.

RunToFinish said...

wow not sure I can remember the last time I was glad for a weekend to be over... then again I don't usually jam it full of stuff like that!

lindsay said...

mmm a massage. i hope hubs gets the message :) glad the weekend went well!