Saturday, May 2, 2009

Super Saturday!

First of all I would like to wish Sarge

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Last night at around 8:30pm I received a frantic phone call from a local photographer. She is doing a wedding today and her assistant is sick (I hope it isn't Swine oops I mean N1H1 Flu). She needed a 2nd shooter for this wedding. So I said, sorry, not my problem and it sucks to be you. I have plans and it doesn't involve a Bridezilla what time do you want me at the church? I wasn't going to do it but I guess I am a sucker for someone who is hyperventilating.

Tomorrow is the volunteer event that was 9 months in the making. I am doing event photos and working on the photo booth. It is a HUGE event and it is fun but a lot of work to put on. Remind me in September not to sign up to do this again. Note to self: do not let the PTA moms get me drunk.

I am really going to work on saying NO!

I wish I could take a snapshot of my state of mind to serve as a reminder of why I need to say no. I am bitter because all of the stuff I have been doing has been taking me away from what I really want to be doing and detouring my goals. I am crabby because I am spending too much of my precious time including my beauty sleep, working on this stuff. My fuse is short and I tend to blow up when I am distracted. I have only myself to blame and I don't like this person I am becoming. Sorry if that is negative, but I really needed to get it out. If things are not going to help me get to my goals, I am not doing them. Perhaps it is selfish of me but I need to get my groove back.

At least tonight I get to do something that I WANT to do and that is celebrate with my VERY old buddy Sarge. (Ha!)

14 comments:

mommie2lea said...

A very happy birthday to Sarge from chilly Chicago!

I hope you make it through the weekend intact, and with some seriously good cake in your belly.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Sometimes it really hard to say NO without feeling guilty. Try this next time - say "Not this time" or "I'll have to pass this time" instead of "No". It opens yourself up to maybe saying yes next time around - less guilt. Worth a shot?

Melanie said...

i have a hard time with 'no' too. Good luck getting through the weekend! :)

Casey said...

It's hard to say no. Especially without a pre-meditated excuse. I'm a bad liar so I always end up doing things I don't want to! :)

AKA Alice said...

I used to SUCK at saying, "no." Now, I'm really good at the line, "let me get back to you on that..." Then I have time to either practice saying, "no" or coming up with my excuse OR the other person knows that "let me get back to you..." is code-speak for "no" and they don't ask me again...well unless it's one of my kids...even though they know it means "no," they continue to bug me anyway...

Try it. It's worked for me. I still end up saying yes to things I don't want to do, but not as much as I used to.

Jess said...

Happy b-day to Sarge! And good luck with all of your commitments this weekend!

Diana said...

When I kept saying "NO" to what I wanted in life, I got to be over 300lbs. Now, I'm number one and the rest of the family is happy with that...like they have a choice!
Happy Birthday to Sarge!

Heather said...

Hope you have fun birthday celebrations with Sarge!

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like a crazy weekend! I'm horrid at saying no too.

Happy birthday to Sarge. Hope you had a good time celebrating.

lindsay said...

i know the feeling. i used to say 'yes' to things i knew i didn't want to do. then i got way overwhelmed and stressed and forced myself to learn how to say 'no', and only volunteer for things i wanted to help out with. you may feel guilty at the time, but it'll pass and then you'll just be relieved you don't have to worry about getting that done too. hope you survived the weekend!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for saying yes to my birthday dinner! I was glad you could make it, and my other friends love the person you are and had a great time with you last night!! Thank you also for taking those snapshots of me with my siblings. We are grateful to have pictures of the three of us, and they turned out so well that they are probably the best photos that we have taken together. You are the best friend an old lady can have. Hope you didn't trip on my walker!!!

Sarge

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

F*cking PTA Moms! They really get me steamed because they get people drunk to get them to do stuff so as far as I'm concerned, "PTA" should stand for "Part-Time Alcoholics" - which REALLY gets me steamed because why not FULL-time?

I hate people who do things by halves!

So you're right! Eff them, say I!1!

Happy birthday Sarge!

Meg said...

I hope the event went well. I know how hard it is to say no to someone without feeling guilty, especially when you don't have a concrete "no sorry I'm actually working at that moment" type excuse.

teacherwoman said...

Happy birthday to Sarge! I hope your weekend was good! :)