Friday, June 26, 2009

Another Week Down

Time sure flies when you are having fun....or when you are up to your neck in work. I have had a lot of things that I have wanted to blog about but just have not found the words. Here is the end of the week mind dump in bullets:
  • I recovered nicely from my half marathon. I was only sore for a few days and then resumed workouts on Tuesday.
  • The secret is out....I have to confess, it was really me that ran and not Marley. ha!
  • I made it to the gym 2 times this week for a lunch hour workout. I only did 20
    minutes on theelliptical machine and I was dripping with sweat.

  • They serve grilled burgers and brats outside the gym's entrance. Talk about temptation!!!
  • I turned down the following favorite treats:Chipotle (twice), DQ (twice), McDonald's
    (twice), Drinks (once), and candy. A little post-it by my desk that reads "Florida 9/2/09!" keeps me a little bit in check.

  • Noweight loss again this week. At least I didn't gain. I am frustrated but I am not working the program as designed. I am on a mission to record every bite of food thisweek.
  • It has been in the 90's and humid. I am never happy with the weather in Minnesota.
  • I am jumping for joy that the baseball and t-ball season is OVER! It is not that I didn't love watching my kids play, it was the running 3 nights a week and having to divide and onquer to get the boys to their games whichwere sometimes at the same time.
  • Work has been crazy. I have so much on my desk that if I put in 80 hour weeks I would still be buried .
  • Michael Jackson. Anyone else sick of the constant media coverage? I am never happy when someone dies and I would never wish it on anyone but I don't give two shits thatMJ is gone. I had the Thriller album when I was a kid, but I was never a huge fan. He gotreally really weird and I tuned out.

I am heading out of town again this weekend for wedding. My plan includes a little running, a little photography, and a little hanging with old friends. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!!

Good luck to everyone racing!

20 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like you are doing a great job sticking to your plan...way to go!! I am not an MJ fan either..I always thought he was very strange and didn't really get it. I am also suprised at how upset some people are.

raulgonemobile said...

Nice job on the treats turndown..

The other media "story" that bugs the piss out of me is Jon & Kate. I mean, there are *SO* many *real* stories out there that are actually NEWS. In a way, I welcome the MJ coverage, just so I don't have to hear about J&K.

biz319 said...

I am not an MJ fan - used to be back in the day, but then all the weird child sleep-overs, the whole thing was creepy!

Have fun this weekend! :D

Al's CL Reviews said...

My thoughts exactly. MJ wouldn't show up to my funeral, so why show up to his. He really didn't shape my life. I already knew about music.

Good luck on the weekend and have fun!

Cascia said...

Great job sicking with your diet and exercise! I agree with you about Michael Jackson's death. I am sick of hearing and reading about it. Have a wonderful weekend!

Tammy said...

I have been tracking every bite for one full week now. That is usually my limit- hopefully I'll stick with it this time for the long haul.

I'm in the minority here, clearly. The Thriller album was HUGE for me, it really did shape my life. I was IN LOVE with MJ when I was 9.

And now, I can't get enough of the coverage, or the constant MJ videos.

Missy said...

Stick to the plan and turn em down, nice job.

I was an MJ fan, back when he was black - great music and tunes but he freaked out, creepy is right.

Yeah and Farah died yesterday too..jeeze, I love the media.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

"I have to confess, it was really me that ran and not Marley."

What?!?!?!

;-)

aron said...

sounds like another great week... hang in there sometimes it just takes a few weeks before the lbs start coming off. awesome job resisting all those temptations because those were some serious ones!

teacherwoman said...

Man you have been busy! Glad to hear you recovered from your HM fast!

chia said...

Someone at the gym actually gave me a dirty look when I told trainer guy "isn't there like a war or something going on that we can tune into... really do all news stations really need to broadcast this death shizz?

Oye!

Great job keeping up on the workouts and resisting temptation!!

Diana said...

Hang in there with the food, keep avoiding that fast-food crap....you're just making someone else rich while you make yourself unhealthy!
I too loved MJ back when he was with the "5". I grew up watching there variety show and the cartoon show! Then when he turned "white"....ugh!
I"m still skeptical though, I think he's frozen in his hyperbaric chamber waiting for the right moment to start touring again!

Jess said...

You are always one busy lady! Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

Crazy busy week Carly - great job resisting temptation!
I love the comments from everybody today too!
This is the one-stop-shop convenience store of blogs : )

The Lazy Triathlete said...

Great job. And I knew you were Marley all along. LOL

As for as MJ goes--Good Riddance. I did like some of his music in the early 80s, he is just too weird for me.

RunToFinish said...

oh maybe a post it like that would keep me focused to stay away from treats at work. I haven't wanted to put out something like "LOOK HOT IN A FRIGGIN BIKINI" which would get my attention, so maybe something subtle and not so embarrassing

Mel-2nd Chances said...

lol at the confession. Great job sticking to your plan! :D

X-Country2 said...

I like the post it note as motivation. I may have to borrow that.

Safe travels this weekend!

lindsay said...

hope you are having a good weekend! nice job not giving-in to delicious temptations. it will pay off!

Kelly said...

I don't know how on earth you workout during lunch breaks. I get too hot and sweaty, then I'm sweaty the rest of the day (even post-shower!).