Thursday, June 11, 2009

I am OK....

After Tuesday's freak out,I have settled down and accepted the challenge I laid out for myself. I
just had a moment. I wanted to become a runner again and by God, come hell or high water I will do so. Even if it means going from zero to 26.2 miles. I am in the process of turning my anxiety into determination.

There is a list of things that I must start doing immediately. The first is, well, running. With my recent move to a full time schedule I am finding myself mentally drained after work. It is hard for me to say my name let alone think about running in the evening. That means I must do my training runs before work. No choice and no excuses...I just need to get up and do them. I have my training run marked on the calendar so it is mapped out to the day.

The other thing I must start doing immediately is eating better. I need to eat like an athlete, not eat like it is a sport. I really want to drop this weight that has been accumulating. Myweight loss ticker has not moved in months. It is time to start paying attention to that again. I am going to transition to eating whole foods and cut out the processed shit. I think that in itself will be a major improvement.

One thing to keep up the weight loss mojo is this:



I booked myself a mini va-cay to West Palm Beach Florida in September. I am looking forward to a few days of relaxation. I am going with a few girls to do nothing but veg out. Only problem is
I need to get my fat ass into a swim suit. Even worse I am going with women who have no clue whatcellulite is and think muffin tops are something you eat. So unless I want to be mistaken for Shamu's sister, I better get cracking. I have 12 weeks until the beach!

Chubby Hubby agreed to let me go but I had to give him some......golf that is. I have to let the man golf this summer. It is worth it!

28 comments:

Carolina John said...

hells yea let the boy golf. enjoy your time, and with enough weight watchers help you won't know what cellulite is either. stay positivie and be well, carly!

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a great trade-off between you and hubby! :)

Lori said...

That beach picture looks wonderful. I just want to walk right into it!

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Missy said...

OH, so you call it Golf at your house!? I don't care WHAT YOU call it. It's worth it, either way;)

RunToFinish said...

ahh shamu any sentence with that in it amuses me. I would say the beach is mighty mighty motivation!

Running Around Acres said...

If he likes golf, then ok. I don't golf so it would have to some... really don't know what i would trade.

Glad you are getting back into it. Way to go and stay positive.

RunningLaur said...

Sounds like you have some good motivation. Just get into the groove of it, and you'll be great!

WADDLER26.2 said...

Great deal plus alittle mojo for you!

Melanie Tait (Mel Tries to Run) said...

Hi there! Sounds like some great goals your setting. I'm going through the exact same thing (trying to eat like an athlete). It's hard work, but I just try to visualise how awesome it would be to do a run without all my extra lbs! Can't wait to follow your progress!

MCM Mama said...

Hey if that's all you have to give him...

Go you! You are going to do great!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Glad it's sorta settled in for you... Golfing for a vacation! You'll have a great time!

VeeGettingHealthy said...

Good for you, and your determination. Impressive. Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

AKA Alice said...

Girlfriend Vay-Cays are worth whatever you have to give up to get it...golf or whatever...

You are going to rock that marathon!

Carlee said...

Definitely a fair trade. Can't wait to hear about all the inspiring training runs you are going to have

D10 said...

I would love a little vacay at the beach where I could just veg out.

As for getting back in teh grove. Once you get in to a routine you'll be fine. Pushing yourself out the door after a full day of work and mother duties is tough, but you'll get the hang of it.

Jess said...

Yes, you can do it, and we all have had those freak out moments after signing up for a big race. You'll probably have a few more; it's okay.

You'll have to remind me as you get closer to your WPB vacay, and we can arrange to meet up! I live about 30 minutes south of there, and by September, I can have a drink!

lindsay said...

12 weeks, why not now :)

sounds like a good plan and i know you can do it! the morning routine will be tough at first but just put your feet on the floor and get out the door each day and it will feel easier after a little while.

Marlene said...

That sounds like a fair deal!

Good luck with your new schedule (getting up early to run can be SOO HARD)

X-Country2 said...

Use that beach motivation and go get 'em!

Heather said...

The vacation for the golf? Excellent trade.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

You gave him GOLF?!1!

YOU WHOO-WUR!11!

("Golf" is slang for some kind of nasty sex thing, right?)

Good luck with the morning running. That's when I do it. I prefer it.

In no time, you'll be in the kinda shape you need to be in to "golf" your husband on demand!

YOU WHOO-WUR!1!

Jennifer said...

Your post inspired me to "Get back to it" as well. Good luck with the weight loss and the running

aron said...

you are going to do awesome!!!! a vacation sounds awesome as well :)

Shannon said...

I just finished my first 1/2 Marathon. I can't fathom a full Marathon. I am trying a Sprint Tri first. Then, maybe I will tackle the Full. Good luck. I can't wait to read about your training. I love your sense of humor.

Kelly said...

I am TOTALLY commiserating with your issues. Best of luck getting back on track!

mommie2lea said...

Yeah, it is hard to work full-time and be a mother ad fine time to run! I envy you that you can do it before work, but since I am a single mom I cannot leave the 7 year old alone in the house by herself to do that. I have a Tuesday/Thursday/Weekend Day running schedule, and we do not get home until 8:00 p.m. on gym nights!

I am glad that you booked yourself a mini-vaca because it is a good interim focus point (and you deserve it, but that is a given).

Al's CL Reviews said...

You can do it!