Sunday, June 28, 2009

Relaxation is Nice!

It is 9PM and I am outside with a cold beer and my laptop. The kids are tucked into bed, Chubby Hubby went to a movie, and I quit working for the day. Summer is almost 1/3 over and I can't say that I have enjoyed one peaceful evening of just sitting around like this. I could get used to this. I should be doing (fill in the blank), but I am not.

This past weekend was so much fun and TONS of work. We headed North to attend a family friend's wedding. I was not only a guest but the photographer. Although I was working, I still found time to have some fun. It was one of those weddings that you get to see people you haven't seen since high school, dance until your feet hurt, and when the wedding is over....you go close down a local watering hole.

We did all of the above and more. Plus I got called the "hot photo chick" and totally hit on. That makes me laugh out loud but whatever....the guy was drunk and creepy but I will take it as I don't hear the word "hot" being thrown my way often.

Unfortunaltely, Chubby Hubby had to stay home because the children all got some sort of funk this week and I made the executive decision that they all needed the rest. He was fine with it because he got to get some stuff done around the house and didn't have to chase three children at a wedding. I missed him and the kids but sans family, I teamed up with my brother to make the road trip. There is never a dull moment when we get together.

The only problem with all that fun and all the work.....no long run. Again. I had 5 miles on the schedule for today and I simply didn't do it. I fully intended to do it and brought all my gear but didn't go. At least it was a shorter long run and not too much harm should come out of missing it. But that is it...there are no more IOUs for this training program. I will not be struggling to finish this marathon due to lack of training.

As I sit here and look over my summer schedule, I see nothing but blank squares. We have no more major stuff to do! It should not be hard to get these training runs done and I will have plenty more time just to sit outside and enjoy the quiet.

14 comments:

Missy said...

Yes, the quiet, I love me some quiet too. Just me and a dog for a little bit is a good fix.

ENJOY the quiet time.

mommie2lea said...

I'm glad you got in a relaxing evening, ad hope many more are coming your way this summer.

But be careful because you just tempted the events gods by telling them that you calendar is open!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

Sounds like you were enjoying a nice summer evening. nothing wrong with that!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Laptop and a beer at 9:00 PM, it doesn't get much better. Thanks for the 1/3 over comment, now I'm feeling even worse!

Jess said...

Hope you get to enjoy more evenings like that!

Kelly said...

Don't freak about the run. You'll make up for it in future runs. Enjoy your relaxation time (my boyfriend did the same thing last night... sat out on the porch with wine and did nothing).

Girl on Top said...

Your evening sounds so calm and relaxing! Enjoy it!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a nice evening! There are definitely too few of those.

Hope you can get down to business with your training now that your calendar has quieted down.

Heather said...

Sounds like a nice weekend. I love the quiet, outside time in the summer.

Running Around Acres said...

long runs are my bane. I can always make an excuse for why I missed one, even though there really is no excuse. I just don't do them.

sounds like the wedding was a good time.

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like a nice weekend!

Sorry our schedules didn't work out to meet up. Hopefully there will be a next time.

E Mama said...

Summer is going fast! Relaxing after a long day, with a cold beer, outside is the only way to go!! 5 miles!! Holy Cow! You go girl!

RunToFinish said...

oh don't remind me that summer is going so fast!! i can't fully take advantage of it with a job and an injury.. hmmm which to get rid of, boy that's tough

Al's CL Reviews said...

I can't believe 1/3 of summer is done!!!
Enjoy the summer evenings!