Tuesday, June 16, 2009

They Sent the Welcome Wagon for Me!


Just as I was approaching the Rec Center, a big over sized rodent accosted me Goldy Gopher himself made an appearance to welcome me back to the gym. I would have stayed for the parade also honoring my return, however, I only get an hour for lunch and I had some work to do. Ha!

Truthfully, I am not sure why Goldy was out during the noon hour. It is not normal to run into random mascots on the street.

Long story short, I went to the gym at lunch. Thankfully there is now a group of people in my office that make the trek next door to workout. I call them the Sweatin ' to the Oldies Crew and I think I may just become a member of their posse. It is so much easier to workout when there is a group to push you along. I am going to shoot for lunch time workouts T/W/Th.

I didn't do too much as I wanted to get reacquainted with this place. I did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike. I was kind of surprised at the workout it gave me. I think I am going to feel it in my buns tomorrow. Next time, I will bring some music and hit the elliptical machine. I can't do it without it.

So that was the good news. Day 2 of training to get my ass out of bed torun did not go so well. Diva woke up at 2:30 in the morning and I ended up passing out in her room. My alarm (I did get my own) went off and Chubby Hubby shut it off and fell fast asleep. Oh well, my plan also needs to be flexible, it can't be all or nothing. There is always tomorrow. It does however suck because I have to run tonight after orking all day, but I have to get it done before I go to bed.

Other randomness....I turned down going out to lunch yesterday. It was a huge non-scale victory. The peeps were going the Wienery. This place has the most amazing hot dogs and they were featured on Food Network's Diners,Drive-ins, and Dives. I had to stick to my plan I created. It was hard to turn down, but I was happy I did.

22 comments:

X-Country2 said...

I'm so jealous of people who can work out over lunch. :o)

Lauren said...

At first I read "Winery". I wouldn't have been able to pass up wine. Congrats on the lunch skipping. That's actually quite an impressive victory.

Carolina John said...

that's a cool pic, carly!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

funny about the mascot being there, i would have thought the same thing. Great that you have others to workout with at the gym!

Catholic Runner said...

Way to go! Working out and turning down the Wienery. You're on your way...

Marlene said...

Sounds like a couple of victories! Great job hitting the gym AND turning down lunch!

Good luck with your run tonight. Get 'er done!

Jess said...

Wasn't that nice of Goldy?

raulgonemobile said...

I read 'winery' too at first.

I used to work out after work with a couple of guys from work. It did make it much easier, having someone to push you to go.

unathleticrunner said...

I love working out at lunch! That's cool people at your work are on board too---mine just go to Wendy's..hehe. Good job resisting the lunch temptation!

Diana said...

I love that show: the triple D! They've been to a few spots in WI too and they find some great spots to eat! Have you ever seen Man-vs-Food? That's an awesome show too!
Way to skip going out to eat and congrats on getting to the gym!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike ...

Woo-hoo!

You should name your recumbent bike something like ... O, let's say "Morrissey".

Then you should ride him.

Ride him HARD!

Good job with the will power, sister!

D10 said...

I love Diner Drive-ins and Dives. All the food on that show looks so good. Great job passing up lunch and working out.

lindsay said...

i miss working out during lunch! well, maybe not right now, since back home it's probably 90 at lunch time, but in the winter... awesomeness.

Missy said...

Nice job, turn down lunch AND get some workouts in, excellent plan. Screw the hot dogs, not really, but they're not THAT good.

Running Around Acres said...

Awesome, did you get his autograph? We don't have a mascot anymore. Sigh!! I'll just leave it that our school is south of you and in the Big Ten as well.

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I think I would be afaid of large rodents sporting athletic attire.

As far as the hot dog place--It may be good, but that dude on who does Diners. et al bothers me for some reason. My wife loves that show, but I have to leave the room.

Megsie said...

I bow down to your will power. I would have been the first out the door to the wienery. You are my leader...but I don't follow well as you know...

Tammy said...

I'm also jealous of the lunchtime workout. In a previous job, I was able to meet up with a group every day at the gym.

Sarah said...

Very cute pic! Good for you for sticking to your meal plan!! I am a sucker for hot dogs. :( Whenever we go to a baseball game I always say I won't have one, and by the second inning there I am with my hot dog. :(

teacherwoman said...

Working out with a group can be quite fun!

Sorry to hear you ran into such a disgusting rodent! :)

RunToFinish said...

oh I totally run in to mascots all the time, can't believe you don't

B.o.B. said...

Weinery sounds amazing to me. Bravo, I say, Bravo! (I myself cannot pass up a hot dog)