Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Five Miles That Did Not Happen


I wanted to be writing about a glorious 5 miler that I completed this evening. I was going to be a great run, I just knew it. But it didn't happen.

Why?

Because I have an ailment of a 70 year old woman. I did something to my neck and I can not turn my head. I seriously look like Frankenstein. So rather than strapping on the running shoes, I was strapped to my chiropractor's table. I spent an hour of bone cracking fun in her office.

I have been dealing with a bad muscle knot in my shoulder blade for about 6 weeks. I just figured I slept on it funny and it would work itself out. It has been gradually getting worse and today everything went into a spasm which resulted in me not being able to move.

I definitely feel a lot better after my visit with the miracle worker but I am still in a lot of pain. I hope by my next visit later this week, I should be feeling good. I do not want to miss any more runs now that I am getting up there with mileage with the long runs.

*sigh*
Two steps forward, one back. At least it is nothing too serious to keep me out of the game.

20 comments:

Marci said...

Hope your neck feels better soon!

MCM Mama said...

Hope things continue to improve. Feel better soon!

mak'n Changes said...

Oh my gosh I've totally done that before! Hurts like heck too. U poor thing I hope u get to feeling better soon.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear about that...hope you are feeling better soon!!

Diana said...

Ouch! Love chiropractors!
Hope you're feeling better soon!

teacherwoman said...

Hey, you're still moving forward! :)

lindsay said...

yikes! i have had a stiff neck sometimes after i sleep funny and i can't turn around to check my blind spots (and other stuff). i also get bad shoulder-knots too! :(

hope you get to feeling better soon! gotta love those chiros :)

D10 said...

Hope your neck feels beter. I absolutely hate when I get a stiff neck, just awful.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Hope you feel better!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

i never used to go to the chiro, but now i wonder why i was so adverse. hope adjusting helped enough to get you on your way!

Heather said...

Hope the neck feels better! You'll be back on the road soon.

Anonymous said...

I am sure chubby hubby can figure out some neck exercises for you to do to loosen that thing up:)

-Jay Zass

Marlene said...

Yikes! Get well soon!

Jess said...

That sucks! Try soaking in a hot bath to loosen up that knot.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Totally blows, sister, when your body starts turning on you for no discernible reason. I'd recommend that you PUNCH IT IN TEH FACE, but that seems a bit self-defeating and, anyway, that only ever worked for Teh Marcy.

Feel better! Good luck w/ the chiro!

RunningLaur said...

Glad you could have it looked at and worked on. Hope you can get in some god miles soon!

Kelly said...

Ewwww that sounds painful. I threw out my back last year 2 days before my first tri, so I know how it feels. Those 5 miles can always be made up later. Feel better!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Hey, we 70 year olds get around pretty good..............

Megsie said...

I hope your neck gets better quick. ADVIL every 6 hours...seriously. Keep doing it. If you don't lapse, it works. xoxo

sue said...

徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,抓姦,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,抓 姦,抓姦,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,外遇,抓姦,尋人,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信社,抓姦,徵信,外遇,徵信社,尋人,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信,徵信社,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,外遇,尋人,徵信公司,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,徵信,A片,抓姦,A片