Monday, July 20, 2009

Monday Already?

It is a sign of a great weekend when I am sitting here fighting to stay awake while I type up this post. I really could use another day to get the stuff the rest of the stuff on my to do list done.

I may have mentioned in a prior post that both of my boys are not riding their bikes without training wheels. They finally worked up the courage to try it and it didn't take them long to catch on. The great thing about this is that we have found that bike riding incorporates exercise and quality time with the children. They love it and it is quite fun.

Saturday we purchased a bike trailer for Diva. She loves it so much that we thought we might not get her out of it. I am excited because now we can go with the whole family rather than switching off Diva Duty. I am excited to make this a new evening routine while we still have nice weather.

Speaking of weather....it has been unseasonably cold here. In fact, they closed the pools down for a few days because temps were only in the 50s and 60s. I am not real happy about our summer having fall temps but it does make it nice for running!

15 comments:

Marlene said...

It's been unseasonably cold around here too, but I love it! I am NOT a hot weather runner.

Yay for family bike rides!

teacherwoman said...

Yeah, what is up with this stinky midwest weather? Grrr...

Al's CL Reviews said...

We have high 70s which is great running weather.

Carolina John said...

good job getting the kids on the bike! they will love it.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I think August is gonna come along and kick us all in the @$$ with high temps.

Actually, it's happening here already.

Enjoy the cool while you can, sister!

Jess said...

I've heard that MN is having cool weather. But really, have you had a true summer at all this year?

RunToFinish said...

dude I don't even ride without training wheels...oh that's something I shouldn't really share isn't it?

seriously my mind is blown by anyone running with a stroller or biking and pulling something!

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

those temps sound WONDERFUL to me. it is too freaking hot where I live. 95+ degrees. ICK

Missy said...

Kick ass weather here too. I'm loving it, big time! Yeah, fun for the whole family. That's good stuff.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Still waiting for summer here too, but not being a fan of humidity, i'm kinda liking it! It's great to get the family involved on the rides! :)

D10 said...

Those are some chilly temps for summer, but you are right about it being great running weather.

Very cool about the boys and their bikes.

lindsay said...

i like the family bike workouts, even if the kids don't know it! :)

i could definitely use a longer weekend. who ever decided that we should work 5 and chill 2? moron!

MCM Mama said...

We keep talking about getting bikes around here, but Shoo is in the awkward almost too big for a trailer, too small for the tandem stage. Hopefully soon.

Megsie said...

I love that it has been cool, running is so much easier when I am not dripping and fighting for air!

How did you get your kids off the training wheels? My EIGHT year old won't do it.

Tammy said...

Great news about the biking!

It's been unseasonably cold here, too- upper 70's, low 80's. Great for running, but I'd be upset if I planned to spend any time in a pool or a water park!