Friday, August 14, 2009

TGIF!!!!

I can't believe it has been over a week since my last post. My brain doesn't seem to be working to complete sentences today so I am choosing to be lazy and bullet my post.



  • Last week I gained 7lbs. Yes, 7-FREAKIN'-POUNDS! My WeWa leader looked at me with horror and offered me a hug.
  • I felt sorry for myself and named last weekend "the weekend of gluttony".
  • I am back on track as of Monday and I had a little redemption at my meeting last night. I am down 3lbs.
  • Diva turns 2 tomorrow. I can't believe how fast these last 2 years have gone by. I also can't believe I am still trying to use the "I just had a baby excuse". ha!
  • I am a much happier person now that I am not training for this race. It added more stress than I thought it did.
  • It has been almost a month since my last run. I am pretty much starting over again. I am OK with that. I am doing it for fun now.
  • I have been to the gym 4 times this week. If I go 8 times in a month, I get $20 bucks. It is worth it considering my gym membership ends up costing 39.98 a YEAR if I meet that quota.

That is all I have right now. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!

18 comments:

teacherwoman said...

It's okay to start over. You do what YOU gotta do and make the most of your time! :)

Lauren said...

That's a sweet deal with your gym! Talk about incentive.

Marlene said...

Sometimes we need a fresh start! Move on and get it done. :)

have a good weekend. Get to the gym. ;)

Sarah said...

Wow...that is an awesome deal that your gym has!! Have a great weekend!

Diana said...

"make it happen"

Heather said...

Good job getting to the gym - four times next week and you've got it made for the month. I'm glad you're feeling less stress now with stopping the marathon training.

Happy Birthday to Diva! Sophie turns two in October and I just can't believe it's coming that fast.

X-Country2 said...

I'm guessing that's some serious soy-bloat because 7 real pounds in one week is pretty nuts.

Lily on the Road said...

You sound soooo much better!! I'm starting over too, let's do it together!

Jess said...

Was their PMS involved? I know some women retain so much water at "that time" that their weight temporarily skyrockets.

natalie a said...

I think the running you've done is amazing...if it's not fun... what's the point...right? So good for you, putting things into perspective and re-gaining control!

Missy said...

Don't we all get do overs sometimes? Glad the pressure is off and you can work on your other goals.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

7 lbs in a week? Are you SURE? What were you eating - lead? Did you remember to poop that week? because if not that would explain a lot.

Congrats on losing the 3 this week and good luck getting to the gym the required number of times.

And DON'T FORGET TO POOP!1!

WADDLER26.2 said...

We all do that. Stop and restart.My nutrition coach thinks even the best of the best is only good 70% of the time. I am no where near that but you do the best you can.

Aka Alice said...

OMG...I gain 5 pounds by drinking too much water... Don't sweat it too much.

I used the "I just had a baby" excuse until my son was 8 (pathetic but true). I think that's about when I started running :-)

lindsay said...

the fresh start with running sounds nice - no drama, just fun and for you. that gym incentive is nice - where do i sign up?!?

MCM Mama said...

Way to get back on the wagon!

E Mama said...

Oh No!! I had a summer like that!! Good luck with starting over! You can do it!!

raulgonemobile said...

"I am doing it for fun now." -- perfect. That's a great way (and probably the best way) to go at it.

That is a sweet deal about the gym, too. I go month by month in the winter, but that's no $40 a year. Wow.