Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Back to Reality

I am back in Minnesota from Sunny Florida. I was lucky enough to go on a mini vacation with no kids and no hubby. It was just what the doctor ordered. If I was any more relaxed I would have been in a coma. Sun, cold Coronas with lime, and vegging out by a pool; I cannot think of a better way to end the summer.

My blogging has been so sparse lately. Yes, I have been busy but I have been MIA because I have been in a bit of a funk. I was really getting sick of listening to myself bitch and I certainly did not want to piss and moan publicly. Dropping out of the marathon and adding those few extra pounds that put me over my starting Weight Watcher weight really put a damper on my mood. The good news is, my mojo is starting to resurface.

After eating my way through the Minnesota State Fair this past weekend (deep fried pickles and cheese curds **drool**), I decided that I needed to get myself back on the wagon and get to a meeting STAT. My normal day is Thursday, but truthfully I did not want to face my leader with another gain so I went tonight instead. I am really glad I did. I immediately meshed with the new leader and ended up talking with her for almost an hour after the meeting ended. I think I am going to attend her meeting for the next few weeks to shake things up a bit. I still love my original leader but I need some new ideas. I feel like I am cheating on her. Ha!

Today I also signed up for a 10 week pilates class. I met this woman who teaches a class through my son's school. She just launched her own Pilates studio. I thought I would give it a shot and hope to finally get some of my core strength back. My BFF is also going to be taking this class with me. If I am going to look like an ass, I am bringing in reinforcements.

Running? What is that? As I mentioned in a previous post, I am going to have to start from scratch. I am fine with that although if I am going to complete my one and only goal of becoming a runner this year I must get started soon. I guess it is back to the old C25K program. This time, there is a 5K fun run that I want to do. I want to be ready for both the Turkey Trot and the Reindeer Run this winter. That is a realistic goal that I can complete.

13 comments:

Missy said...

Sounds like you're getting back on the wagon with a new approach, new ideas. Going with a friend always helps, don't want to look like an ass alone!

Diana said...

Cheese curds! One of the many reasons I haven't been to our state fair in the last 10 years!
Hang tough-so to speak, that's my job!
Looking forward to hearing some great success for you!

Sarah said...

Sounds like you definitely have your mojo back...way to go!

Dawn said...

for the exception of being in Florida, I think I'll just cut-n-paste this post into my own blog. :)
Fried pickles & curds? YUMMM!!!!

Falling off the WW wagon...I know, I hear you!

Starting over with running after taking a lot of time off...yeah, yeah. It's SO TOUGH! I'm there, and am running little 2-milers right now. I feel like such a slug.

Keep at it, you'll get there. This year has been tough for many of us!

Jess said...

Sigh...cheese curds...

Amanda said...

Great job on pulling yourself out of the funk and getting back on track--that's NOT easy! I hope you love your Pilates class. That will tone you up for sure!

RunningLaur said...

Good work getting back into it - going to a new weekly meeting might mix it up enough for some more motivation!

Marlene said...

Sounds like a wonderful way to refresh!

I've also gone to a different meeting to avoid my leader after a bad spell. Sometimes it helps to shake things up. Good luck getting back on the wagon. Sounds like good things ahead!

Carolina John said...

wow, no kids or hubby? that must have been a fantastic vacation!

Heather said...

Glad you had an awesome vacation - and now ready to get back on track! When I was doing Pilates regularly, my stomach got REALLY flat. So there's some motivation for you. :)

X-Country2 said...

Get back on that horse! You sound motivated, so good luck!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Trying to get back on the wagon myself, and now reading your post, I hope to tomorrow. I hope. Enjoy the pilates

MCM Mama said...

Welcome back! Sounds like the break was just what you needed to get back on track.