Monday, September 21, 2009

Damn You Oreos!


You preyed on me when I was down. You knew I wasn't feeling well yet you called out to me. You told me that the boys NEED you for their lunches and you said you would leave me alone. You convinced me that I needed to put you in my cart. There you sat staring at me, screaming just take one. So I did...and I took another, and then another. Eight of you little bastards made it down the hopper. Now I am brushing off the crumbs and thinking you were so not worth it!

Before my little Oreo binge-a-thon last night I had quite an interesting day yesterday that sent my sensible food plan right into the toilet. I brought my lunch to work today. I broke it up into mini meals, at 11AM I had a sandwich and at 1PM I was supposed to have vegetable soup. I went to make the soup and noticed that when a can of soups says "vegetable" it doesn't always mean it is always vegetable broth they make it with. This can of soup was made with chicken broth. That is on the do not eat list for me because of my allergies and I had to dump the entire can of soup since I had already opened it. I guess I need to read more carefully next time.

Then I thought microwave popcorn would be the next best sensible choice. I threw it in the microwave to pop. I pulled out the bag and this orange liquid sprayed all over me and there was not any popcorn popped in the bag. At this point I am irritated, covered in orange liquid, stink like butter, and I am still hungry. That is when I said screw it and hit the golden arches. Another thing that was not worth it.

Today is back to the gym at lunch. I am not feeling the greatest. I have a Fall cold and I am feeling a bit run down. I know I can manage at least a little walk on the treadmill for 25 minutes.

17 comments:

RockstarTri said...

Keep those oreos away from ice cold milk. Together they will conspire to take over the world. Or worse. Beware :)

Saface Macdonald said...

You think Oreos are evil......I bought THIS the other day!

http://www.cheesecakefactory.com/menu/Cheesecake/godiva_chocolate_cheesecake

Yes....the whole cheesecake lol!

Diana said...

Oreos are the best, so I thought to trick myself into not eating cookies I would buy the crap brand from Walmart-shit, those are actually better tasting than the Oreos....and cheaper. Which goes to still prove that this world is way cheaper to be fat than in shape!
Hang in there and get back on the wagon! What you DON'T buy, you DON'T eat! Stick to the outer lanes of the grocery stores-not the processed crap in the middle!!!

X-Country2 said...

Mmmm, Oreos.

RunToTheFinish said...

awww feel better and just think maybe those oreos will give you some energy for the gym

unathleticrunner said...

oh Oreos how I love they? I had a orea blizzard Sunday night :(

[smash] said...

We all have our pitfalls. Mine is ice cream! Hang in there! XOXO [SMASH]

MCM Mama said...

Oreos are one of my major weaknesses. I can not eat just one (or just 5 as the case may be).

Hope your day improved!

Aka Alice said...

Oreos are evil in a cookie. The worst.

Re: your last post. I wear fugly shoes All. The. Time. Now... Sad but true...all PF related. ((sigh))

Heather said...

I love Oreos and just cannot buy them or I could eat the whole package!

Ann said...

Those cookie bastards! Great, now I hear the double stuff calling my name.ugh!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

This can of [allegedly vegetable] soup was made with chicken broth.

F*ckers!

This is a pet peeve of mine. They really shouldn't be able to call this Vegetable soup! It's f*cking chicken soup with some vegetables (probably genetically altered) in it! That's what the LABEL SHOULD EFFIN SAY!

[WHUMP!]

Okay. I'm off the soapbox now.

Oreo regret. Been there, sister!

Carolina John said...

boy i lurve me some oreos. nicely done carly.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

mmm, i have a sudden craving.

Karen said...

MMMMMM Double stuf... Evil in a pink wrapper :)

teacherwoman said...

It's so frustrating when we plan to eat well and then it goes into the shitter for some reason or another... and we end up eating crap. But, it's important to not dwell on the bad and go back to your regularly schedule from there after... :)

Dreamer06 said...

tell me about it, i know how you feel..when i was healthy and in shape before the summer time i would gag at the site of them, but once you have one its hard to stay away...