Monday, September 28, 2009

Weekend...Errrr Week Wrap Up

Remember these?



Yeah....they pretty much SUCK! They are a good office shoe, and yes they are still better than 6" stilletos, however, they did not pass wedding photography test. I ran around in these suckers for almost 8 hours on Saturday and my feet were THROBBING at the end of the day!! Now I am stuck with ugly uncomfortable shoes. I can't take them back because I bought them from TJ Maxx and I no longer have the receipt.  Maybe I just need to break them in.

This past week I got caught up on my trashy television.  I came down with some sort of a bug earlier in the week and by Thursday, I could not get out of bed.  I called in sick and did not move for the entire day.  I was able to figure out the television without the help of my seven year old and got hooked on The Real Housewives of Atlanta.  It is one of those shows you ask yourself....Why is this TV?  I got sucked in and could not get enough. 

Last Wednesday I started my pilates class.  I felt like crap so I just did enough to get through the hour.  I would have skipped it, but it was the first class. I think I am really going to like it, especially when I am not coughing like I have TB.  It is Monday and I am still sore from last week.  Ha!  I was once again reminded how I have absolutely no core strength.  I cannot lift my legs off of the floor to save my life.  The instructor promises it will get better with time.  I hope so!

I got a few workout in during the week.  I am completely obsessed with the Expresso bike at the gym.  It makes a 20 minute workout fly because it is like playing a video game.  Sarge and I hoped on bikes next to each other and chose the same route....my player was on her screen and hers was on mine!  We were able to race each other.  It is not often that I say the gym is fun, but this is fun and brings out some fierce friendy competition.

9 comments:

Mel-2nd Chances said...

my gym has those bikes too, but i've never been on it at the same time as someone else, too fun!

lindsay said...

i hate when i get sucked into some lame (trashy) tv shows. i finally un-sucked myself from the ones i was watching (ummm, laguna beach... yeah)

it's always kinda funny when a new-workout really wipes you out. hello, i do all this running, a pilates (or yoga, or spin class) should be a breeze! yoga made me sore for a whole week once. kind of sad!

Diana said...

I wish I would have had some "free" time to meet with you this past weekend. It was such a world wind of events, I can't believe it's over already! St. Paul is the base home of the kettlebell. The company that makes them is Dragon Door and they are located in St. Paul-somewhere. There are tons of great instructors in your area! I worked with one Sunday morning before I left and she's great to work with-not easy, but great! Let me know if you want more info!
Thanks again though for the invite-next time!!

[smash] said...

Wow, that sounds like a neat bike if it's what I'm picturing in my head! Hope you're feeling better!!! XOXO [SMASH]

Jess said...

Sorry to hear you were sick. I think a lot of "ick" is floating aorudn right now because everyone seems to be coming down with something.

Missy said...

I can get sucked into any kind of marathon on Bravo. It makes for a great day of trash tv. Sucks that your sick but yay for the pilates class. I need to get my butt into one - stat!

Heather said...

Nice job getting in the workouts!

I have been forcing myself not to Tivo the new shoes, because I don't want to get addicted to any more!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Ugh! The RHofA are neither housewives nor do they live in Atlanta...

I am a Real Housewife of Atlanta.

And I'm no trashy skank with a bad wig!

(Can you tell I hate that show. I have never even watched it!)

Sorry about the shoes.

Hope you feel better!

RunToTheFinish said...

oh there is nothing like a little trashy tv to cure an illness :)

way to go on the pilates, I have been trying to decide how it's different from my yoga classes.

oh and hope you feel well enough to stop by for some salsa!http://runtothefinish.blogspot.com/2009/09/pepper-dog-salsa-giveaway.html