Tuesday, October 27, 2009

POM Wonderful Review

Several weeks ago, the very nice people at POM Wonderful sent me a case of POM Wonderful 100% Pomegranate Juice to try.


My package contained a case of cute little 8oz bottles of POM Wonderful and a sheet outlining the benefits of consuming pomegranate products.  Pomegranate juice is packed with good stuff and it is really good for the old ticker. One of the benefits that really stuck out was how good it was in helping Erectile Dysfunction. *giggle*  Well, you know me and my 12 year old maturity level....

I drank the first one and as I expected I liked it. It was tart with just enough sweet for my taste. I drank another the next day and my opinion didn't change. I wanted to shake things up a bit. I wanted to use it in other ways since I don't typically drink a lot of juice. MCM Mama planted the seed that it mixes well with booze. That it does!! We made Screw Drivers with a splash of POM Wonderful.  I also tried it in some smoothies, I mixed it with yogurt, frozen blueberries, and skim milk. That also was pretty tasty.

I had to go and see how much it cost at the store. I don't like falling in love with something and then not being able to afford to buy it. As I expected, it was expensive but not completely and totally outrageous.  For an 8oz bottle, it was $2.29 at Super Target.  For me, that would last for 2 to 3 servings if I am mixing it with something.

I do not think I would continue to buy POM Wonderful just to have on hand to drink.  I am not much of a juice drinker mainly because juice typically is high in points for what it is.  In this case, an 8oz serving is 3 points (160 Calories). For me that is a lot to use on a drink.  HOWEVER, I do think this item will be a staple on my grocery list because I really like using it in the cocktails smoothies.  I also like using it to spice up my plain old boring water.  I mix about 1/3 of a bottle with ice water just to give it some flavor.

Thank you again to POM Wonderful.  I really enjoyed having the opportunity to try and review this product.

11 comments:

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

One of the benefits that really stuck out was how good it was in helping Erectile Dysfunction.

The limpest-d*cked guy on the planet
(Whose wife's name, it happens, was Janet)
Drank POM by the bottle
Now, by Jove, his "throttle"
Is harder than most pome-Granite!

I like how you say the ED benefit "stuck out".

Amanda said...

I love this stuff...if you like champange, Pomosas are delish!!

Carolina John said...

yea POM is fantastic stuff. Good for you all the way around. i'm living on it until my big race just to keep the immune system cleaned.

girliefriend said...

I use POM to braise my short ribs. Delish!

Marlene said...

I want some free POM. ;)

unathleticrunner said...

Free POM...yay! I have been wanting to try that--good review :)

Heidi Austin said...

hahah .... i just wrote a blog about the same thing! so worth it!

Aka Alice said...

I've had a case of it in my garage fridge for months (I hope it doesn't expire). Gotta get to that review!

ED - hee hee hee (you know I'm being a 12 year old right along with you)

Jess said...

I must be the only blogger in the universe who was not offered POM to review. Oh well. I'm not much of a juice drinker anyway.

Lily on the Road said...

I have to agree Carly, I love POM, but it is too pricey for me...

Wonder if the POM people were impressed you took their healthy little beverage and turned it into a Bomb!!! LOL

Al's CL Reviews said...

I agree. I like POM but too many points and too pricey considering how much water (liquid) I put down a day.