Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow...

Dear Mother Nature,
You suck. Thanks for giving us one of the coldest Summers ever and then dumping snow on us when we are supposed to be enjoying our Fall.  I would like to bring it to your attention that we have only been without snow for about 5 months, your timing is way off! According to the news, the planet is suffering from Global Warming. Where?  Let me know where I should be moving.
Thanks,
Carly



Thankfully that by the end of the week, this stuff should be gone. Pardon the negativity but I am so not ready for the bitterness of winter yet. On a lighter note, I am sure my kids are going to get some crazy looks from their teachers. I sent them to school with their brand new snow pants and boots, but their jackets were from last year (and they are WAY too small). I guess I will be doing phase two of Operation Winter shopping a little earlier that expected.

My lack of blogging is because I have been lacking in all areas of my life except in the work arena. It is major crunch time and I have been putting in some long days. Unfortunately, the long days and stress are starting to make the scale make a move in an upward direction. Many of my coworkers are in the same position and we have decided to team up before we need a real intervention.  Many of us are following paying for Weight Watchers and we have made the steps to recommit and hold each other accountable.  We are swapping out our journals and setting mini goals.  Chances are if I have to actually show someone that I devoured a bag of Halloween candy, I will be less likely to do it (again).

18 comments:

lindsay said...

lol... that is crazy about the snow already though! i definitely think we should get to enjoy each season. not be thrusted into the hot, humid summers or bittery cold winters.

very cool about you and your co-workers holding each other accountable. good luck!

Lily on the Road said...

I CAN'T believe you have snow already, that just bites!

Good luck with WeWa!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Gah! my mom has snow too... i'm not ready for it either. Great idea to do the WeWa as a group! Good luck :)

teacherwoman said...

Great letter. Sounds like you guys got some snow that actually stuck around a bit. At least ours has melted as soon as it has hit the ground, for the most part.

And in regards to global warning, it's not referring to "warmer temps" ... it refers to extreme temperatures, which can be colder than normal, or warmer than normal.

unathleticrunner said...

I am so sorry!!!!!! I will not compalain about weather again!!! I love weight watchers--keep it up. Its always easier with a group of support. Hope the snow gets the hint and hits the trails--but not in my direction! Lets send it up north ;)

MCM Mama said...

Brrr!

Hope the Weight Watchers does the trick!

Diana said...

Time to go get yourself a pair of snow shoes and enjoy Mother Nature's "blow"!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Ew to the snow!

X-Country2 said...

Isn't the snow nuts? I'm soooo not ready for it either.

Aka Alice said...

Absolutely unbelievable...

Sorry about the work increase. I'm with ya there. I've been a blogging slacker too.

D10 said...

It is a little bit early for snow!

Hope work settles down.

E Mama said...

OMG! I was complaining because it is a high of 48 today and raining. Guess I should be thankful for that instead of snow!

Marci said...

Good to hear from you!!! Oy vey that snow!! I know Ontario must be getting some soon.. yikes!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Wow snow - that does suck!

Amanda said...

Oh wow, I can't believe you have snow already. We have had flurries once in 3 years here in Charleston.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Oh my snow!! Thanks for your comment. I am hoping for a PR in my next half Marathon...but I don't think my legs can take running 6 days a week.

I just signed up for a Marathon Training plan that starts in early January. They tailor the plans to fit your specific needs and goals. I am REALLY excited to have a coach and other runners around me..

RunToTheFinish said...

so I'm guessing it would be rude to talk about the 90 degree days we've been having here...

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

stress eating is the weirdest thing. i do it to. and it feels good at the time, but it doesn't take long to think "what have i done?" and by then it's too late...and it stresses me even more! teaming up with others at work should help. :-)