Thursday, October 22, 2009

Thursday's Catchall Post

I have been MIA because I have been held hostage in my cubical and drowning in a sea of spreadsheets. I have had so much to blog about this past week but the days have kind of melted together. I could have blogged about the quirks of the people I have been spending most of my time with. They are otherwise known as my coworkers. I will have to devote a future post bout the "know it all newbie" and the "booger picking front desk dude"; along with the other things that I have seen in my office.  Until then, I will just blog about my very exciting life.

Weight Watchers
I seem to have at least one foot back on the wagon.  I am down 3.8 from my last weight and happy to say only one pound away from where I STARTED.  (I am not kidding when I say I strapped on the feed bag).  My co-workers are an amazing support system.  They are not the "it is OK, start fresh tomorrow" kind of people; they are the "get off your fat ass and get to the gym and if you even think about eating that" type of people.  There are so many of us on a quest to change our bad habits that when one of us has a bad day, there is someone there to bitch slap us back into Weight Watcher submission.

Shift in Priorities
If you have been reading this blog for any amount of time you will know that I am chronically over-scheduled (my own fault).  I always think I can do it all and I want to be part of everything.  I am not sure why reality took so long to set in but I had to revamp my priorities.
  • I quit my part-time job.
  • I quit volunteering at my son's FORMER school (I was still involved with the ECFE program at a place that I do not have children ??!!!)
  • I have cut back on the amount of photo jobs I will take on.
  • I decided to put running on the backburner (GASP!!!)  This was a biggie.  I miss it like crazy, but I want to continue taking baby steps to get back into it.  After the new year I will start easing back into it. 
  • I switched my WeWa meeting time to Saturday mornings.  I am still trying to find the best time.  I found a younger leader that I can relate to.  
As I read what I quit, I am just now realizing how crazy my schedule is was.  I can now appreciate having a family and working full-time is about as much craziness as I can handle. I am looking forward to having some free time and some more sleep.  I am not quite sure what that is like anymore.

20 comments:

Shannon said...

First of all, congrats on your weight loss.

Second, I am in the same boat. I over-schedule. I can't turn people down. Good luck getting back into the swing of things.

teacherwoman said...

This is something that you and I have in common... never saying no, always doing more than what we need to, etc.

Congrats on your weight loss! :) Keep it up! Or should I say, down?

Lily on the Road said...

Good for you to "downsize", as for quitting running, you can do little runs, not far, just keep it going (as crazy as it sounds, it'll help as a stress relief)...

Diana said...

Congrats on the weight loss! Kudos for that with your busy schedule and all.
Sounds like you're looking for something new to do. Do I dare say it?? OK, I will. Since you live in the home base of Dragon Door Kettlebells, there are lots of instructors there-find one and learn the moves that will change you forever!!

E Mama said...

Sometimes, things just have to change. Great job on the weight loss!! Good Luck!

MCM Mama said...

WTG on the loss! Keep it up! And, dude, you were doing way too much! Did you ever sleep?

Hope life is a bit calmer for you now.

Jess said...

Congrats on scaling back on your obligations! I can NOT imagine how you were doing all of that!

RunToTheFinish said...

good job my friend on taking stock and putting what was most important first...your sanity!!! Glad you have supportive co-workers it makes such a difference since you are around them so much

Amanda said...

A huge congrats on your weight loss and for getting back to the basics. It's hard to say no and give things up, but you'll be so glad you did!

Aka Alice said...

OK...that you were volunteering at a school where you have no kids? OMFG woman, you do have a problem.

So glad that you're cutting back.

I do love the beligerence of your current WeWa crew. I'd need that too. (nice doesn't always work for me).

lindsay said...

congrats on the weight loss! glad the accountability is working and you have a good support system in place.

also glad to hear you are working on prioritizing your life! volunteering at old places? and i thought i stretched myself thin!!

Lisa said...

I think you're making positive changes.

Every day is a new day. Remember that!

Ann said...

Congrats on the weight loss!! And way to go with cutting back! I took a year off from volunteering and I couldn't be happier. (Well maybe if I was 20 lbs lighter)

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Just a taste, to remind what sleep is like:

Sleep is the place when I have rock hard, six-pack abs and every woman wants me (and they're ALL hot) and I can have them all and I SATISFY them all, every time.

No, wait. That's my real life.

Sleep is where I snore and drool a lot.

It's pretty over-rated, if you ask me.

X-Country2 said...

Yay for the weight loss! Sounds like you're moving things in teh right direction. Good luck.

Carolina John said...

wow that's insane! I can't believe you kept involved at the kid's former school. I don't even want to put a bumper sticker for the elementary school on our car in case we still have the car when they get out. glad you're able to settle down some.

Marlene said...

Sometimes something's gotta give... in your case, MANY things had to give. I hope things have settled down now.

Megsie said...

GOOD FOR YOU CARLY! Now, can you inspire me? We really need to go out for drinks.

xoxo

Missy said...

Good gawd woman! No wonder you were exhausted, I'm exhausted just looking at all that on your list of things to do. Work and kids sounds like PLENTY to me! Saying NO is a hard thing to learn for sure.

Congrats on the loss.

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol tramadol hcl ep - buy tramadol fedex