Monday, October 5, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up and the Marathon That Did Not Happen

I can pretty much sum up my weekend with one word.  NOTHING.  I take that as being both good and bad.  It was good because it was a fairly lazy weekend.  I didn't have to be anyplace but home.  It was bad because I did not do one bit of physical activity.  It was a cold, wet, dreary weekend that made it perfect to stay inside.

Yesterday was Twin Cities Marathon.  I was supposed to be a participant but dropped out of the race in late July.  It was the best decision to make because truthfully I cannot even imagine training for it with the schedule I have been trying to maintain.  Yet, there is still a part of me that regrets dropping out.  I had the full spectrum of emotions yesterday from jealousy, feeling like a failure, and then ultimately relief.  My logical brain tells me it was the right thing to do, but the other half tells me ... well, that other half is what gets me into those situations in the first place.  There will be other races; it is just not my time to run them.'

EDIT...
I just read Steve in a Speedo's blog, and saw this video.  I laughed out loud.  That would have been worth getting out there to run the race just to see that.  I am sure the runners loved it. 

Now I just need to find my running mojo.  I really haven't run since I decided to call it quits on the marathon.  I took a few weeks off and they turned into a couple of months.  I started and stopped twice to rebuild my base but lost momentum.  I am not sure what my problem is but I do know that I miss running.  I miss it a lot.  I think I just need to pop the shoes on, stop talking about missing running, and just do it already.

Happy Monday!  I am off to search for some coffee to fuel me to get this long week started.

12 comments:

Heather said...

Hope you find the running mojo soon - it's out there somewhere! I thought the same thing when I saw that video on Steve's blog. :)

Diana said...

With all the fall colors now really just about at peak in our area-I really am starting to feel the run mojo!
St. Paul was a beautiful city when I was there last weekend. I would have loved to run while there, but I got my butt handed to me other ways!
Big football game tonight for our states! Go Pack!!

RunningLaur said...

You'll find a marathon that's right, and then demolish it when it's time :)

I completely sympathize with how hard it is not to run it, but you did the right thing.

Jess said...

Glad you got to just enjoy a nice, quiet weekend. Running will be there when you find your mojo.

Saface Macdonald said...

Even now, you know you made the right decision. GOOD JOB. It is going to be one long week though!

RunToTheFinish said...

agreed if you miss it...then you just need to get out there! Find a friend, find a good song whatever it takes

Lily on the Road said...

Strap on those kicks, and get going!! One step at a time.

MCM Mama said...

I'm sure it was hard to not be out there at the marathon. I'm feeling weird not running a marathon this fall and I never even had on in the plans LOL.

JUst put on your kicks and go. It doesn't have to be for long or very hard, just get out there and get a little run in.

X-Country2 said...

Good luck finding that mojo. I bet it's right around the corner.

Lisa Slow-n-Steady said...

When the time is right, you'll know.

Nat said...

I was supposed to do TCM too but just didn't want to do it. I also felt jealous and lazy while watching but, it was FUN too!

Amanda said...

Just make yourself get out there and run for a couple weeks, I bet your mojo will be back before you know it.