Sunday, October 25, 2009

Weekend Wrap Up

This morning is HEAVEN! I woke up reading "7" as the first digit on the clock, I am drinking coffee, and catching up with all of my blog friends. I could do this all day because for the first time in a long long time, I have NOTHING to do today (unless you count house projects of course). Getting sleep and having time to relax a bit really changes my attitude. I am really going to enjoy today.

Yesterday's weigh in went OK. I am down .4 lbs. It is not much in the grand scheme of things but it was a loss nevertheless. I learned that I am going to have to get to my Saturday meeting a lot earlier because there are a lot of people that attend this one. I happen to really like the leader of this meeting. I like her because she is young and has young children, but I also like her no nonsense/no excuses approach. It is a good sign of a good leader when the meeting has standing room only.

This weekend we also had our last flag football game. Here is a photo of my oldest little guy running with the ball. It was a proud mama moment even though I almost missed it because I was too busy gabbing with people.  He is dressed like a snowman, because it was freakin' cold!




Yesterday, my middle little guy lost his first tooth. This child broke his leg TWO TIMES and did not shed a tear. When his tooth got really wiggly, the screams of horror shook the neighborhood.  You would think that a limb was going to be amputated.  Last evening somehow he worked up the strength to yank it himself.  I think it was the pending visit from the Tooth Fairy that got him to pull it.



I must get back to doing nothing. I might even dust off the shoes and do some sort of an outside workout today.....or I might not get out of my PJs today.

15 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Sounds like a lovely Sunday.

Lisa said...

awwwwwwww. love the first missing tooth photo.

next he'll have a whole mouth full of holes. ;-)

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

waking up to a 7 on the clock sounds like heaven! Congrats to your little guy!!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

awesome picture of your little man running with the football! Glad you enjoyed some extra sleep too :)

GadgetGirl said...

I don't know who "discovered" the Tooth Fairy, but whoever that person is was a freaking genius. Mother's best helper as far as I am concerned! Many a tooth lay in waste because of the great Tooth Fairy.

I agree about the football photo. It's great! You should have it framed.

lifestudent said...

Great shots. Future athlete in the making ;)

Jess said...

Hope you enjoyed your day of doing nothing!

teacherwoman said...

LOOOOOVE SUNDAYS!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Cute!

Ian will attempt to pull his own perfectly good teeth out to get that wonderful Tooth Fairy lucre. He's going on 10 and will say, Pfffttt!, he doesn't believe in the tooth fairy, until another tooth becomes loose.

Then all of a sudden he believes again.

Hmmm ... makes one wonder ...

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your day.

E Mama said...

Love the first lost tooth!! We had to go out and raid the floorboards of our cars for the Tooth Fairy's first visit at our house, we were not prepared!

Glad you had a wonderful Sunday!

Heather said...

Yay for a relaxing sunday!

Kasey said...

Hi! I found your blog through another blog. Hope you don't mind that I dropped by. He pulled his own tooth? Wow- that's pretty impressive!

I just started running in May and I am so excited to find all of these great blogs devoted to running and training and all sorts of great stuff! I feel like a whole new world has been opened to me. I'm a mom too so i know all about trying to juggle it all and still find time to do a few things for yourself- whether it be exercise or something else! Thanks for letting me visit! Hope mother nature doesn't dump a bunch more snow on you too soon- bye!

Marlene said...

Hope you enjoyed the relaxing day yesterday, Carly. Free time is the best!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

My child scratched his knee and hobbled around like it was broken for almost 2 days missing a birthday party and everything.. UGH!!

Doing nothing sounds GLORIUS!! Enjoy for both of us will you..

A Loss is a Loss.. CONGRATS!!

Missy said...

Ah, the joy of doing nothing. You got to love that. Sounds like you got it right;) Oh, the tooth fairy, I love that.