Friday, November 6, 2009

2 Years of Pie Hole Stuffage, Parenting Awards, and a Little Running

Yesterday was my 2 year bloggy birthday.  I can't believe that it has been 2 years since I started my little "running" blog.  A lot has happened over the last 24 months with the exception of becoming a runner and losing weight (ha! the entire purpose of my blog).  It has been fun to go back in history and read my thoughts and grand ideas as I try to manage my crazy life.

Two Years Ago:
  • I had a sweet little newborn
  • I had a two preschoolers
  • I only worked part-time
  • I had a dog
  • I was overweight
  • I did not run but was thinking about starting

Now:
  • I have a very spirited toddler that gives new meaning to "Terrible Twos".
  • I have a first grader and one entering Kindergarten
  • I work A LOT
  • I no longer have a dog
  • I still do not run but I am once again thinking about starting
  • I am still overweight (I am exactly the same weight as I was when I started)

The two years haven't been a complete waste of time. I have a list of accomplishments and things that I have learned along the way:

  • I have completed a few 5ks, a 10K, two half marathons
  • I have started doing Pilates and I love it.
  • I learned that I cannot do it all and I am learning the art of saying NO
  • I had a bad case of Plantar Fasciitis and it seems to be much better because of rest and very ugly shoes
  • Jillian Michaels is the devil and you really can puke only doing a 20 minute DVD
  • Running a race under someone else is not rewarding (but if your time is bad, someone else gets the props for that..**evil grin**)
  • Running is a house of cards.  You can go from running double digit mileage back to a Couch to 5K program in a matter of a few short weeks.
Here is a flashback in photos from two years ago

Kids Then:

Kids and Chubby Hubby now:

I really need to hand off the camera once in awhile....I am not in very many photos....unless you count this one.....

It has been a great two years.  Thanks for taking the time to read and cheer me on.  I will be stepping it up this next year so my 3 year blog post will read something about me being at my goal weight.

23 comments:

Heather said...

Happy 2 year birthday! Here's to making the third year even better!

Marlene said...

They certainbly haven't been a waste of time. It's been quite a journey! Here's to the next two.

RunToTheFinish said...

wohoo, look at the changes...er the almost changes. We'll all be here as you ame some of the changes you meant to and keep up with the other great things that are going on already

Mel-2nd Chances said...

OMG, we are so on the same page today! i just finished posting a then and now post, a look back type of post too! Happy 2 year bloggiversary!

Lily on the Road said...

Happy Anniversary Carly, but you fogot a couple of things,

a) you are an inspiration with all you do;

b) you make me LOL and always bring a smile to my face!

thanks!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Happy 2 years. It is amazing when you look back.

Seriously that costume is ADORABLE!!

MCM Mama said...

Happy Two Years!!

Looking forward to being entertained more in the years to come!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

I had a dog

"Had" in what sense?

Because if it's in the sense I'm thinking, I DEFINITELY wanna go back and read THOSE posts.

I myself have never "had" a dog in that sense, but I did once almost get to second base with a sheep. Then my D*MN ALLERGY TO WOOL had to kick in! As both the sheep and I said at the time: "BAH!"

Happy Bloggiversary!

(But for realz ... "had" in what sense?)

Jess said...

Congrats on the 2 year blogoversary!

D10 said...

Yay! Happy 2 year anniversary. Your posts have been enjoyable. Can't wait for year 3!

Diana said...

Amazing how fast time goes! Congrats on 2 years! Keep up the work....."if you feel you're worth it, you'll do it everyday!"

lindsay said...

happy (belated) bloggy birthday! here's to many more fun memories :)

X-Country2 said...

Happy bloggy birthday! SOunds like you've had a couple of great years.

Delane said...

I've lost and gained the same 10 lbs over 10 times this year. Ugh..I know how you feel.

PF stinks..I still have it :-/

Megsie said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday Carlie~

I may have you beat on the candy eating contest though.

Hope to see you SOON!

xoxo

Aka Alice said...

Yay and congrats on 2 years of blogging! Yours was one of the first blogs I started reading and got brave enough to comment on when I realized that this notion about running and blogging about it wasn't just my idea...

Thanks for all the laughs!

The Lazy Triathlete said...

You will get back in shape. It is all about time management. I haven't run much in the last month either. So I know I will be hurting.

BTW, love the halloween pic.

Ann said...

Happy Belated Blog Birthday.

Hey there's something to said for maintaining and gaining! Congrats!

Missy said...

Oh hell, every year I resolve to actually have an ab muscle. Still haven't seen one yet;)

Happy Anniversary! I always think of you when I use the spice I won. See, this blog thing isn't totally useless!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Happy 2 years!

Carolina John said...

happy blogaversary carly! you've come a long way, baby.

Amanda said...

Happy Bloggy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

fatrunnergirl.blogspot.com is very informative. The article is very professionally written. I enjoy reading fatrunnergirl.blogspot.com every day.
cash advance loan
payday advance