Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A Note from My Shoes

Dear Carly,
We are not sure if you noticed us sitting by your desk quietly for months.  We are  sitting here collecting dust and are definitely a tripping hazard.   We are over six months old and you have yet to take us on a REAL run!!! What happened to you? You were running double digit mileage and now you just sit on your flabby ass typing about how one day you will run again.

We are no longer allowing you to ignore us.

We have come up with wonderful solution for your lack of motivation. We also know that you need a goal in order to get the ball rolling.  How about a small race?

Thats right....we think it is time for you to un-fuse from your chair, quit making lame excuses, and shoot for a 5K race.  We think that you should do the Polar Dash 5K on January 1st, 2010.  This will be a great way for you to start the new year as well as finish 2009 without being a complete failure.   You have a little over a month to train and nobody says you have to run it fast or even the whole thing. 

Please do it for us.  Consider it.  We deserve to be worn once in awhile.  We would also like to add that we are a much more attractive pair then your current fugly friends.

Love,
Your Saucony Mighty Pair...
Lefty and Righty

19 comments:

Missy said...

Nice! Sometimes you just have to drop the cash and commit to get motivated.

Ann said...

Nothing like a race to get you going. And dang, my asics never write me!

Sarah said...

Do it girl!!!

Lisa said...

Those are some smart shoes!

RunningLaur said...

New years day races are perfect for 'starting the year off right'. Sounds like a great race to shoot for!

Heather said...

Way to go!

I would like to do that race, but I'm sure my husband will complain if I'm not drinking on New Year's eve because I have a race the next day . . . We'll see. :)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

sounds like those shoes are keepers. :) Nothing like a race to get you motivated!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Lefty and Righty???? Ah yes, that time of year when you want to stay inside warm and cozy!!!! You further north than me and I'm not looking forward to outdoor running. Good lick!

Lily on the Road said...

You know I just love Saucony's and now that I know they can write, well HELL, that is just amazing!!!

LOL at Ken, I think he meant good LUCK, but if licks work, then go for it....LOL

lifestudent said...

I like to do our local NYD 5K, but can never get a single soul to do it with me. Guess I am the only one in the world who has nothing going on new years eve ;) Oh well.

It will be a fun race and great way to start 2010. Go for it!

Delane said...

LOL..

I hope this winter is more mild than last ...last year just sucked!

teacherwoman said...

Ohhh. It's risky signing up for a race that time of year! You never know, you might end up freezing your ass off! :)

Big Clyde said...

I say you should do it. It will make you more interesting on New Year's Eve with or without drinks and get you moving. And good for you to have such polite shoes. Mine usually just beg me to really clean between my toes better. They also want me to drop a few pounds. @!*/$ babies!

Good lick!
Big Clyde

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Well said!

Megsie said...

I think your shoes and my shoes have been sneaking out to the bar at night. I heard some murmuring coming from the closet just the other day. I, of course, just closed the closet door.

Staci Dombroski said...

That is hilarious! I was cracking up!

Megan said...

Good for you. That's how I ran my first half-marathon on Halloween. I signed up for it then I told everyone I was going to run it. That way I couldn't back out.

Stephanie said...

Ha, I love the idea of the shoes writing a letter. So are you planning to reply?
BODA weight loss

runrockstarrun said...

Goals are good! It's especially good to have some type of event in the dead of winter, at a time when mileage would normally be decreasing.

The treadmill is your friend! :-)

Good luck!