Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Recap

Christmas was so great this year!  We spent 5 days at my parents house.   It was the most relaxing holiday I think I have ever had. I credit the relaxation to the craptastic weather we experienced. It snowed and rained almost the entire time we were there. I was bracing myself for the storm of the century, but really it was not worth the hype that the news made it out to be.  I was hoping for record breaking snow drifts.  That didn't happen, we got just enough to do a lot of shoveling (not me) and enough to make the driving bad.


Most of our days up at my parents' house involved sitting in stretchy pants on the couch. I did bring my running shoes but did not use them because the weather looked like the photo on the right all weekend.  Some would say that I used the weather as an excuse...I say it was a divine intervention for me to remain lazy.

The poor dog looked like a snow puppy after only a few minutes outside to do her "thing".  She doesn't look happy but it really amused us.



My dad was out at the crack of dawn blowing out the drive way.  I know you all you Southern folks are JEALOUS that we had an extremely major white Christmas.  Snow is great for a day or two....but I could live without it.  A friend of mine once said he moved to Arizona because he didn't have to shovel heat.  I agree!  On a random side note....I must buy some winter boots.  I think I am the only dumb native Minnesotan that does not own a real pair of boots.  Snow clogs, yes.  Boots, no. (how is that for an ADD moment?)




Santa was able to make it to my parents' house despite the bad weather.  I was pretty excited to see the looks on my kiddos faces.  Even my 7 year old had the look of shock when Jolly Old St. Nick came in.

Santa spoiled the kids rotten and he was really nice to me too.  I got some new PJs, furry warm gloves, a new funky scarf, a Vikings Snuggie (I think I am the only one in world that was asking for a Snuggie), a can of 7 year old cappucino, xxxxxxxxxxl sexy PJs, and a Scooby Doo Chia Pet (the last 3 things were gag gifts).


When the weather finally cleared up enough, we decided to venture out of the house (I even put on pants with a real button....impressive with the insane amount of calories consumed).  We went to Bentleyville which is staged at Bayfront Park in Duluth.  It is a tour of lights and it was pretty darn cool if I do say so myself.


I don't have much to report on healthy living during my stay in Duluth, but I certainly got some much needed mental health rest days.  I just hope my Christmas Spirit doesn't slap me in the face when I go to weigh in this week.

14 comments:

Carolina John said...

glad you had a good holiday Carly. that dog pic is nuts! poor guy. still, when the kids get that excited it really warms your heart.

and yes, that much snow does make for beautiful holiday. it was all rain here.

Jess said...

Your dog pic is so sad, yet so cute! Glad you had such a relaxing holiday!

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

look at the snow! I'm jealous! We spent the holidays in NH, where it was 10 degrees and never snowed, grrr! Glad you had a relaxing vacation!!

Denise said...

Sounds like a great holiday! And that poor little dog...oh my gosh!!

I say you pull out the eat clean book and we can do it together! I have tons of questions!

Heather said...

Sounds like a perfect christmas! I really wanted to take Sophie up to that Bentleyville display in Duluth, but time just ran out. Next year!

Tony the Pink Panda said...

I spent a fair amount of time on Christmas Eve and Christmas shoveling the driveway - lots of fun =/. It's funny with snow. I like the idea of it when there isn't any (like on thanksgiving), but when we actually get some, I'm like, wow I could totally live without this right now.

lifestudent said...

We did quite a bit of shoveling over the holiday too ;) And our dog LOVES the snow. We cannot keep her in the house. Its a good thing because she helps us appreciate it when we see how happy she is!

Missy said...

Looks like a great Christmas to me! Love the snow dog and NO way, NOT jealous of all that snow. OK, maybe for just one day;)

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like you had a great holiday.
I asked and got a Snuggie too!

I don't like Snow. When I saw it on 12/19 in Baltimore, I told D, I hate snow because you get stuck inside.
With that said...I got stuck in Maryland.

Gah!

So I'll stay south!

Staci Dombroski said...

Oh my goodness, the dog picture was cracking me up :-)

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

You enjoyed yourself right? The scale and the treadmill will always be there... don't fret about it, it's so not worth it, you know what to do kiddo, and will do it!!

Megsie said...

Merry after Christmas Carly~
Glad your traveling was safe and a fun time was had by all! Great picture of the dog, and of your family! xoxo

Blumster said...

Haha! We have had some of that same weather here in Cleveland. And, you're not the only one without a pair of winter boots! I just ordered some on Amazon (Emu - look like Uggs but half the price). I will let you know how they are.

Megan said...

Hahaha. I dropped hintd for a snuggie for Christmas and didn't get one. Weazer (the band) has a snuggie design and I thought that was hilarious. Plus I'm a wimp about cold.