Sunday, December 13, 2009

Weekend Wrap-up-The Christmas Obsession Edition

This weekend I got to unwind and enjoy some of the things that I love about the Christmas season.  It is my favorite holiday and I love the build up to the big day.  It was one of the best weekends that I have had in a long time because there was no schedule. 

Christmas Cards
The Christmas cards are mailed! This is the photo that went on this year's card.  Usually I have to send a card out with the kids horsing around (which are sometimes cute).  This year it was a Christmas miracle, I got all 3 of them looking AND smiling.  I guess the threats and bribes worked this time.  I will tell you, that getting to this one photo was not easy.  I worked with the kids for over an hour, fell in the snow once, and blow my top a couple of time.  It paid off and I got it!


Holidazzle Parade
photo from www.holidazzle.com
Last night we bundled up and went to Downtown Minneapolis to watch the Holidazzle parade.  It is a really cool parade of lights that marches down Nicollet Mall.  It was a mild night and it was perfect for parade watching.  We packed up some hot chocolate and enjoyed some time outside.  I snapped a ton of photos and then I realized that my camera did not have a memory card.  It has this wonderful demo feature that lets you see the photos but nothing records them.  Grrrrrrr.....that was pretty DUMB of me especially since I finally handed the camera over to Chubby Hubby to get a few pictures of me with the kids.

Christmas Treats
I got the itch to make some homemade treats this weekend.  I made a list of things that sounded idiot proof tasty and set out to make them.  As it turned out, none of them were a baking recipes.  Woo Hoo!  Baking is not my forte.   Tonight, I made Oreo Balls.  They were easy but the dipping each one in chocolate got tedious.  The ones that I did first look the best.  I lost interest very quickly.  It is looking probable that I will be purchasing the rest of the treats.

Neither one of my Oreo Balls looks great, but you can sure tell when I lost interest.  Ha!
A note about making treats....It seems like when I make them, I have no interest in eating them.  I tried a bite and that was all I needed.  I could care less if I ever have another Oreo Ball.   Maybe I should do this more often.

Other stuff

My shopping is 97.5% done and I have everything wrapped.  I am NEVER EVER this organized.  I am usually out shopping on Christmas Eve


Decorations are up.  Diva has her own personalized ornament.

The house has been Griswaled.
Speaking of.....I got to watch my two very favorite Christmas movies. ....elf and Christmas Vacation.






It is hard to believe that in less than two weeks Christmas will be here!


I did make time to dust off my Jillian Michaels Shred DVD and do that workout.  I am really out of shape and I was having a hard time keeping up with level one.  I am already sore and I can't imagine what tomorrow will bring.  

Since I have promised myself that I need to recommit to WW 110%, I actually sat down and meal planned.  I planned every meal as well as ever snack.  After I had it down on paper, I went to the store and purchased everything I would need.  I hate meal planning and I would rather do Shred 100 times than plan a weeks worth of meals. But if I am going to be successful, I need to master meal planning.

13 comments:

Marci said...

Wow you are super organized... I need to get on the stick and get stuff done!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Love the pic of the kids! I'm terrible at meal planning too, hate it, wish i was better at it. sigh. what am I gonna make for dinner tomorrow. what will i eat for lunch. ugh.

Teamarcia said...

What a gorgeous family you have! Congrats on getting your card out...I know what a huge undertaking that can be..still working on it here!

X-Country2 said...

That pic is ADORABLE! You've got some good looking kids.

Megsie said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend Carly! And, I read the post before too, the re-commitment to WW. Good for you. I really need to get on the stick too, but I think I will wait until after the holidays. I started Yoga two weeks ago, and all I can say is ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Have a great week!

Marlene said...

This is my favorite time of year too. Sounds like a great weekend! Love the photos.

Heather said...

Great Christmas card pic! I had to go the horsing around route, because I cannot get Sophie to sit and pose for a picture.

Tricia said...

Your kiddos are too cute!

Jess said...

Looks like such a great weekend! Love the card with the kids' pics!

MCM Mama said...

That's some kind of organization! All of our gifts are still sitting in amazon and barnes and noble boxes in the bedroom. And the only ones getting gifts are the kids LOL.

Adorable picture of your kids!

RunToTheFinish said...

I love all things Christmas lights so the parade sounds amazing.

Idiot proof is generally my guideline for picking recipes

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Yea for meal planning! Yea for a great Christmas Card! Yea for a great weekend! Yea to you!!!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I agree about Oreo Balls. Get bored making them, and don't care for them after the first one.

Everyone else, however...