Monday, December 21, 2009

Winter Misery One Miler


I really do not have much to report except I did it.   This is my first run in MONTHS so I chose not to time myself.  I am going to blame the slippery sidewalks for my slowness rather than my  out of shape self.  I am not going to lie, one mile at this point was hard.  Very hard.  I even took walk breaks (pathetic).  I hope that I look back on this post and chuckle when I am back up a reasonable mileage.




It felt good being out there tonight.  The weather was quite nice because the temps were in the mid 20's.  Any lower and it really would be "misery".  I know you are all jealous of my winter wonderland.  As much as I hate snow, it was pretty.  It was quiet and nice to look at some of the neighbors Christmas lights as I huffed and puffed my way through this "run".

Thanks again to RunningLaur for hosting this virtual race.

16 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Looks like your run was much like mine.

Way to get out there!

Sarah said...

It was mid-20s for my run yesterday...which was way cold enough. Not much snow here though. I love running the neighborhood at Christmas time...the lights and snow are always so pretty. :)

Heather said...

Great job getting out there! The mid 20's weather almost feels balmy, doesn't it?

Lisa said...

yay for getting out there! i need to do the same.

Carolina John said...

running in the dark wearing all black? snow and in the mid-20's is good weather? wow, that's a strange part of the country you're in Carly. God bless ya.

teacherwoman said...

Way to puff through that run! And, I think there is NOTHING wrong with taking walk breaks. I did too!

Tony the Pink Panda said...

Ah, isn't the snow beautiful out there here in minneapolis :).

April said...

Way to go!! Especially when it is so cold!!

WannabeRunner said...

Good job for getting out there! I know i dont know you, but i read your blog earlier today & on the drive home i was having one of those moments where i try to convince myself i don't really need to run. But then i remembered you got out there in the snow and realized i had no excuses! :)

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

I'm just so impressed that you got out there in that kind of weather and ran. Great job - and you will be back up to pace before you know it!

becomingmegsie said...

Wow. Ok. I have missed a few posts...first of all I am not usually a sponge bob fan, but I LOVED the Don't be a Jerk song. So, if it weren't for you I would never have heard it, and thanks. Next: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! How did my facebook miss that? Hope you had a great day! And Last: One mile would have been a long haul for me at this point as well, so GOOD FOR YOU! And in the snow, you get extra points! Whew. I guess I need to check here more often!

Merry Christmas Carly!
xoxo

SeeGirlRun said...

I'm going for my first run in 6 weeks. At least it will be 54 degrees by the time I get out there. Good for us both!

Janice {Run Far} said...

way to brave the snow... I grew up in Utah... Greatest snow on earth.. :)
I still H-A-T-E running in the snow.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

GOOD FOR YOU FOR GETTING OUT THERE! Merry Christmas to you and the family :)

Amanda said...

Nice job getting out there for the Winter Misery One Miler, especially in all that snow! Merry Christmas!!

Megan said...

OMG! I've been contemplating running the six I need to do Friday on my treadmil because it'll be a high of 32deg. Good for you!