Saturday, December 12, 2009

WW

This morning I logged on to the Weight Watchers website and got ready to cancel my subscription.  I was ready to wash my hands of this program and quit paying for it because I am wasting my money.   Afterall, I am heavier now than I was when I started this program.

For some reason, I could not make myself click cancel.  Instead, I clicked "find a meeting".   I discovered that there was a meeting that started at 9:30 in my regular location.  I looked at the clock and saw the meeting was going to be starting in 3 minutes. I hauled ass and ran out the door as I was (I was not a pretty sight, in fact I think I scared a few old ladies along the way).

When I weighed in, the receptionist gave me a new book for 2010.  It was like swiping the slate clean for me and giving me a sense that I have started over.  Then the topic of the day was Stress.  It was meant to be.

20 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Wow. You right. It WAS meant to be. Good luck!

Ann said...

Good luck! You can do it!

Sarah said...

The new year alwyas feels like a clean slate...you can do it!

Delane said...

I'm back at meetings too.

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

starting fresh is a good thing! Good luck!

Nancy said...

Good luck! I love your blog. I am on my eighth week of weight watchers and as of my weigh in today down 4.8 pounds!

Blumster said...

Cool! That's awesome. Great job on sticking with it.

Paul A Drockton M.A. said...

Did You know that your Blog is one of Google's top 100 for weight loss and dieting?
Pretty amazing if you ask me!

http://fithuman.net

RockstarTri said...

You ALWAYS have a choice. Sometimes choices are easy and sometimes difficult. Congrats on choosing wisely.

BTW: I've got to get to a meeting soon. This post inspired me to find one.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

here's to a clean slate and new beginnings. Glad you went!

MCM Mama said...

Good luck! And, Yay for a topic that's useful for you.

You can do it!!

unathleticrunner said...

I'll second that here's to new beginnings and a clean slate! Kick WW's butt! :)

Diane said...

I started stalking your blog a while ago because, as a chubby chick, I wanted to start running again. Somewhere along the way, I joined WW. The running has been slower to happen but I'm getting there.

Anyway, I really hope WW works for you! I'm about to hit my 25th week. I haven't missed a meeting yet and I was down 50lbs this week. I had hit rock bottom, though, and was simply EXACTLY where I needed to be to really MAKE it work for me. Maybe you're there now. I'm sending you loads of positive thoughts and wishing you the best of luck!

Oh, and I'm running my first 5K in 20 years on New Year's Eve!

KelsNotChels said...

You can absolutely do it!! :D

Lily on the Road said...

Good For YOU!!!

It WAS meant to be....

Marci said...

Sometimes we have to listen to our gut, I think you can do this!

Anonymous said...

小遊戲,ut男同志聊天室,成人圖片區,交友104相親網,0951成人頻道下載,男同志聊天室,成人貼圖,成人影片,tt1069同志交友網,成人視訊,aio交友愛情館,情色視訊,情色視訊,色情遊戲,交友戀愛小站,jp成人,熊貓貼圖,成人圖片,成人文章,正妹,成人小說,杜蕾斯成人,ut 聊天室,熊貓貼圖區,交友聊天找e爵,ol制服美女影片,777成人區,bt成人,女同志聊天室,貼圖片區,一葉情貼圖片區,6k聊天室,69成人,成人貼圖站,色情影片,聊天室ut,免費成人影片,成人漫畫,0204貼圖區,小高聊天室,歐美免費影片,

Megan said...

Good for you.

lindsay said...

hopefully this fresh start will be everything you need and more! you can do it carly! :)

Marlene said...

I picked up the new book last week too - love the clean slate/fresh start. GOod for you for going back. I need the meetings and weigh-ins for accountability and support... stick with it, girl!