Thursday, January 28, 2010

3 Things Thursday

1.  I officially HATE Jillian Michaels.  I just completed my 20th day and tried level 3.
My thoughts....

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!  Traveling push-ups?  Right.

I am dropping back down to level 1 because my shoulders are feeling like they are dislocated because of all the plank work.  I refuse to "phone it in", but damn, this woman is out to kill me.  Come Hell or high water I will do these last 10 workouts...even if it does kill me. 
On a positive note...
I am seeing results.  Good ones.  My pants are fitting better and my face is slimming down to the point of seeing cheek bones again!  I guess I can't hate her that much.  I am also 5lbs down (I was expecting Biggest Loser numbers but I am not complaining).

2.   I have my next goal in mind.  I want to run the Irish for a Day 5K in March.  I have been putting off running because of the cold weather and icy roads.  However, I just found out that the Field House that is attached to the Rec Center is available is open during the time I go during the day.  I can get a decent base built up indoors without getting frost bite.   

3.  Housecleaning, laundry, and catching up with blogs are all things that I am very behind on doing.  The kids have all been attacked by germs this week.  We have had the full range of puking to Pink Eye.  I am not going to say it twice, but I think everyone is healthy.  **holding breath** I hope to get caught up on everything this weekend.  I can't tell you how glad I am to see Friday on the calendar tomorrow!!! 

22 comments:

Aka Alice said...

I think you get Biggest Loser numbers if that's all you do all day...is workout.

Unfortunately, some of us have to work...not excuses mind you, but still.

I am so impressed that you've done 20 days with Jillian. That is AWESOME!

Melissa said...

I never made it through 30 days. I thought you were suppose to do level 1 for a month, and then 2.....I never got past level 1. Good for you! Btw, love your blog!

Lisa said...

you're rocking this shred stuff. good job!

Diana said...

Nice drive and dedication!
Hope all the "germs" leave the premises soon!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

You are doing so great. 5 pounds is awesome!

Staci Dombroski said...

You are doing awesome! I hope that the kids are feeling better soon! Have a wonderful weekend!

Jamoosh said...

Puking and Pink Eye? YOu do realize raising children has a negative ROI, right?

Ann said...

20 days - you're my hero! I hate Jillian and am experiencing should pain too. UGH!!

Sarah said...

You are awesome! Wow...down 5 pounds! I think it is hysterical that you are talking like Jillian now..."Phone it in"...she says some of the strangest things. :)

Megsie said...

Pink eye to Puking? UGH! I am sorry that you are dealing with all of that. I had a sick one yesterday, but feels much better today. 5K in March? I don't know if I can swing that. I haven't started WALKING yet.

Jen said...

I melted the pounds off too (meaning it started in my face). When your pants are too big, you'll do a dance. Keep up the great work!!!

X-Country2 said...

Keep working on the 30DS. It'll get easier, I promise.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Here's to healthy kids, and building your base so you can kick ass at that 5K!

Heather said...

Nice job on 20 days with the shred- one more day you can consider yourself with single digits left!

Carolina John said...

wow, jillian seems to really be working for you girl. fantastic! enjoy the pain.

MCM Mama said...

Awesome! You are so close! And WTG on the loss.

lindsay said...

pushups period, really. traveling or not! way to stick with the shred! i keep meaning to check it out but still haven't.

i wish i could see BL results too! unfortunately i have to work 8 hours a day instead of workout :(

Missy said...

Way to stick with it and visible results to boot!!! You got to love that. Always a treat when some pants start loosening up:)

Denise said...

That's great that you're seeing positive results!! Stick with it, only 10 more to go!

ajh said...

There's nothing like pants that start to fit that haven't in awhile! Congrats!

Jess said...

You are really rocking Jillian! Nice job.

Tamzin said...

That 30 day shred is complete torture... I hate Jillian with all my heart at the end of one of sessions...lucky for her I'm too tired to do anything about it! haha