Friday, January 8, 2010

Brrrrrrrr

It is time for my annual piss and moan fest about how freaking cold it is here.   I don't think I am going to be getting any sympathy considering it is cold EVERYWHERE (Ummm 30 degrees in Florida???)!  It is too damn cold to do anything outside.  Seriously?  Where is this Global Warming????!!!!



When the temps take a nose dive like this, so does my motivation.    Cold weather and lack of motivation makes is really really hard to want to do anything more active than laying on the couch with a blanket.  It is a crying shame that being lazy is not part of my 2010 goals and part of the plan is going to require me to fight through this Winter lethargy.

Chubby Hubby and I have set up our first  challenge for ourselves to kick off the New Year and get us back into the routine of exercise.  We have committed to 30 days of She-Devil Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred.  It is a lofty goal but completely within our reach.  Twenty minutes a day is something we both have and the only requirement is that we get it done before turning in for the night.  Game on starting tomorrow!!!

Today was Sarge's last day in our department until she returns from deployment.  **sniff sniff** I blubbered as I walked to my car this afternoon.  (FYI, crying in sub-zero temps is not a good thing....frozen tears sting like hell)  I felt like a total moron for the waterworks display.   It is not like I won't be in contact with her and it is not like she is never coming back (prayers please).  What can I say....I am a total sap.  I am going to miss her. Prior to saying our temporary good-byes, we vowed that there would be a race upon her return.  She'll train there and I will train here.  Thankfully I have a lot of time to build a base start running again.

On a side note, it is Friday night and I am making lists.  This is one of those moments that make me shake my head and wonder how I got to a point in my life where list making on a weekend night would be considered "fun".  It seems like the perfect weekend to clean out cupboards and make the mother of all grocery lists.  Who needs to go out with that kind of fun!

16 comments:

Aka Alice said...

List making helps me feel as if I am in actual control of things (which clearly I am not), but the list helps and is therefore "fun."

So list away girlie!

Megsie said...

You got prayers for Sarge. I haven't made my list yet. It would be so long that I would have to go back to bed when I was done with it. In fact I was cleaning out Nicholas's room today and the walls began closing in on me. His room is always the easiest to clean, and it was bad. I am not looking forward to the girl's rooms. Or the basement. Or the closets. I just wish I had a magic wand! And yes...BRRRRRRRR!

mommie2lea said...

Prayers for Sarge. I have a friend deploying this week, too. And go get Jillian... you guys can do it!

Tony the Pink Panda said...

If I had a choice, I wouldn't go outside until March.

TinaGirl said...

oh my goodness its so stinkin' cold everywhere! someone needs to tell Al Gore to put a sock in it for awhile. He he he he.

I'm like that too with my friends. I can't stand to "see ya later" knowing it will be much too long. I'll be praying for Sarge's safe deployment and return to your office.

Lily on the Road said...

A stay safe prayer to Sarge...thanks for keeping us safe...

Lists, great things...now if I can only find mine *evil grin*

D10 said...

I love making lists, although I do misplace them and don't always follow them, they are fun to make. Have a great weekend. Nice plan to get back in the swing of things too.

Ann said...

I love lists, probably a little bit more than doing what's on the lists! I bought the 30day Shred before Christmas but haven't taken it out of the package.

I'll keep Sarge in my prayers. Stay warm!

Jess said...

Minnesotans have a free pass for complaining about the cold -- it's part of the reason you live there, no? :) But truly, it IS freakin' cold where you are and I too wouldn't leave the couch and blankets!

My husband and I were commenting about the "excitement" of our Friday night too last night when we were both laying on the couch reading. Party animals!

Diana said...

For some reason, I'm loving being outside this winter than inside. At least it seems I am warmer with all my clothes on than in the house cranking the heat! I have definitely found that "winter running clothes" really do exist and are not just a way for REI to take money from me for no reason!

teacherwoman said...

It is freakin' cold! Tomorrow is going to feel like a heat wave, though!
Good luck on the challenge with the Hubby!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I love lists.

Heather said...

This weather SUCKS! At least it should get a little better starting tomorrow . . .

30 days of the shred is an awesome goal! I might have to copy you. :)

Fit Human said...

These are important keys to weight loss

Teamarcia said...

Happy New Year and good luck with the shred DVD. I've heard lots of good things about it.

lindsay said...

it's hard to want to do anything in the cold. this morning i would've rather starved than gone out to get breakfast... i tend to wimp out on the treadmill in the winter.

thoughts and prayers for sarge!