Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 1 Down, 29 To Go

Today was one of those days where it is perfectly acceptable to stay in PJs all day long. I didn't have anywhere to go and my desire to leave the house was really low because of the cool temps. I need to take advantage of these lazy weekends because it is a rare thing not to have anything on the calendar.

I spent my day going through our file cabinet and organizing papers. This is a job that has been neglected for years and it took me all day to get some semblance of order. I already feel calmer without the mountains of paper. I have been really good about dealing with the new stuff that comes into the house, it was the old stuff giving me a headache. Staying busy doing that task also kept me out of the kitchen.

As the afternoon rolled into the evening we had a great dinner (tacos, a family favorite) and we played a board game with the kids. It was a great evening but I had this nagging issue that needed to be dealt with. Jillian.

After the kiddos were in bed (8PM) I plugged Shred into the DVD player and yelled up to Chubby Hubby that we had to cross this off of our list. After some whining from the both of us, we sucked it up and did it. At 8:30 at night.

We typically do not workout together. One of us is always making fun of the other.

Me: Are you doing GIRL push-ups?
CH: YUP, but at least I am doing them (he got me there, *sigh*)

We are that immature couple that are always slinging insults at the other to show affection. We ended up laughing the whole time while quoting Jillian. Chubby Hubby said I talk too much and he prefers not working out with me. Me? Talk too much???!!

The point is we did it. We set a challenge and we are going to meet it no matter what it takes. Although, at one point today I thought we had an out. The DVD player crapped out on us and completely quit working. Chubby Hubby ran to Target for a few things and came back with a new DVD player (on sale for $20. What a deal!). So...One Shred workout down, only 29 to go.

15 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Good job and way to get the chubby hubby involved! Keep it up!

Aka Alice said...

I *heart* Tar-jay!

Good for you for working out at 8:30. I'm sooooo done by then.

Shannon said...

You two sound like my husband and me.

Way to get it done.

Do you like the Shred workout? I was thinking about getting it.

lifestudent said...

Its funny how a new DVD player can be both a curse and a blessing ;)

Sarah said...

Awesome!!! Keep up the good workout! I have that dvd too...I like the workout but don't like her too much... :)

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Awesome!!!!

Johnny Vu said...

Can I come watch?

Lisa said...

yay!!

Megsie said...

Cool temps? COOL?! Try FREEZING. ARCTIC. Not cool. Cool is 55 degrees. It was -17 when I took the girls to dance yesterday morning.

Way to go with the organizing and the SHRED. Woot!

Heather said...

Nice job on the first day! You'll both be doing real push ups by the end of the week. :)

Amanda said...

Great job getting the workout in, lol at you guys teasing each other.

Carolina John said...

good job getting started on the p90x! you're going to love it i bet.

btw, i had a dream last night that you and I were picking blueberries in maine with marci & a couple of other blog folks. how freakin random? git outta my head!

now start doing full pushups and really make the ch look bad!

teacherwoman said...

LOL. Sounds like an interesting 20 minutes... From the looks of your FB status, you have 28 more to go! Keep it up!

Megan said...

the big man and I did p90 together this weekend. We almost never work out together. He made fun of how uncoordinated I am the whole time. I don't mind b/c I can run circles (slowly) around him :)

RunToTheFinish said...

wow daily for 30 days...I don't think I could do it, that's an intense workout for my weeny arms