Monday, January 25, 2010

Double Trouble

Today my middle monster had to stay home from school today because he was still feeling sick.  Chubby Hubby and I were able to split they day and hang out with him.  I was with him in the morning and he said, "Don't you need to do Jillian, Mom?".   CRAP.  Even my sick kid is holding me accountable.  So I grumbled and popped in the DVD that I have grown to both love and hate.

I completed day 17 of Shred and that means I only have 13 more workouts to go!!!!   I worked out hard.  Maybe too hard.  I ended up with some weird pulled muscle type pain in my back and shoulder.   In fact, I had to pull out the Biofreeze and icepacks.  All this plank business is KILLING my shoulders and not in "good pain" sort of way.  Ahhhhh only 13 more days!

I did go to the office this afternoon.  Since my schedule was different today I packed gym clothes.  I am pushing it with getting my 8 times this month and I am going to get my $20 if it kills me.   My trusty calendar tells me that I am going to have to go every day this week.  It is funny how much money is a motivator.

This week at my gym they are having "Jam Week".  This is the first week of the semester and all group fitness classes are free.   A coworker and I set out to try a spin class.  It filled up right away and we didn't have the opportunity to try it.  Bummer.   However, there was a 60 minute conditioning class that was available.  We did it!  It was hard, I sweat like a pig, and I got another kick ass workout. 


I am not sure how I go from feeling injured to wanting to do another workout in one day.  Could this be the return of my long lost Mojo???  Two hard workouts in one day?!?!  I am not sure who I am becoming, but I am liking the muscles that are forming.

I am going to be feeling this in the morning!  Please pass the Advil.

20 comments:

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Hope you have found your mojo.. Love that kiddos keep us going

Jamoosh said...

I can only assume that monster = vermin!

Get your 20 bucks worth - do it!

Diana said...

Two a day......awesome!
Can't wait to hear if the "bells" are still in your future!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Ha, feel the burn or is that the heating pad????????

Julie said...

Good job with staying loyal to the shred! I am very impressed! That jam session class sounds like fun...something to keep the motivation going:)

Staci Dombroski said...

I love that your son told you to still work out... that is awesome :-)

Ann said...

Day 17! Holy crap I just finished Day 1. The thought of Day 17 makes me want to cry.

unathleticrunner said...

Good job on your 2 a days :)

teacherwoman said...

Love the fact that the little one is reminding you and holding you accountable! Nice job on the two workouts in one day! :)

Megsie said...

Sounds like an addiction to me! And a good one, better than food... Good for you!

Marlene said...

It sure sounds like you have a mojo going on!

Too funny that your son is reminding you to do Jillian!!

Becca said...

A friend of mine just started this program...another good review! I'm in!

Carolina John said...

come on mojo! you can do it!

great job hitting the conditioning class. i hear those can really be a bear.

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

So glad the Mojo has returned! I too am very much driven by money and getting my money's worth. It would make me get to the gym too!

Great job!

Jess said...

Nice job on the two tough workouts!

MCM Mama said...

Great job! I need to find some of that mojo everyone talks about LOL.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great job!

Denise said...

My nephew said to my sister when she was trying to lose weight, "mom, should you be eating that ice cream?" love it!!

i think i've heard enough pain stories that i have to break down and try the shred work outs.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Mojo rising.... rise with it sister! Good for you!

lindsay said...

i looove that the little monster reminded you to workout. too precious!