I wish everyone a Happy Healthy New Year!!!
Cheap wine, a Snuggie, and my computer is how I spent New Year's Eve....I sure know how to P-A-R-T-Y!
I know my current plan of attack is not working. I have had a lot of time to think about the causes of my failures on the program. Hmmmm, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for Breakfast? As I have mentioned in previous post, I am a stress eater. Even wiring my mouth shut couldn't keep me from soothing my soul with high calorie goodies when things go wrong. I need to get control of my stress and find something else to do when the pressure is on.
I have been taking mental notes of my stress eating triggers. Some things I can't do a darn thing about (ie...traffic, weather, Real Housewives of Orange County drama), but a lot of things I CAN control. Many of my problems stem from a lack of organization and planning. I can think of at least 10 things in my day that could be more manageable if I just gave it 5 minutes to come up with a plan. I came up with a few ideas that could help me manage my stress and eventually get me to my ultimate goals.
Carly's 2010 and Goals
- Plan, Plan, Plan!- I will make a list for everything from my daily to do list to my daily to do list to grocery shopping. I have learned the hard way too many times that I have too much going not to have some sort of plan.
- Practice the "3 D's" when I am feeling overwhelmed. DEEP Breaths, DRINK some water, DO something different.- A friend of mine gave me this gem that seems like it would work when I get overwhelmed.
- Get reimbursed for going to the gym EVERY month. If I am too lazy to go to the gym 8 times in a month and pass up $20 there is something really wrong with me.
- Incorporate a 5 minute breather into a day. I am constantly doing something and I think having a 5 minute chill to regroup will help me regroup.
- Running-This has always been one the best ways for me to regroup. I am a much better person when I run. I do not have any mileage goals or PR goals, just some good old fashion endorphin therapy.
- Continue to follow Weight Watchers and WORK THE PROGRAM!
Other Items on the 2010 To Do List
- Get a passport. Am I the only one that doesn't have one?
- Set aside $10/week for my "Forty is Fabulous" Italy Trip. I still have a few years, but it is good to start early.
- Organize, back-up, and PRINT personal photos. This is funny considering I do all of this all of the time for other people.
- Organize work email inbox. Two jobs with two very big work loads = CHAOS!!!!
- Potty Train and De-Pacifier Baby Diva-Yes, she is a 2.5 year old with a Nuk. I stopped caring about that after 2 kids.....no judging please.
- Read 6 books-I am using books as mine unwind time but I am a very slllloooooow reader.
- Donate and sell all unused/outgrown items- Ha...already started as I have been a de-cluttering maniac!!
- Spend more quality fun time with the family.-Cabin fever is already starting to set in.
I have a good feeling about 2010, I think it is going to be a great year! I have a lot of work to do so I had better get started. I hope want to revisit this post at the end of December with a lot of things crossed off this list.
Happy New Year!