Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Taco Soup

Here I go with the cooking again, but this time it was because a few people were looking for the Taco Soup recipe.  I am not sure who to give props to for this recipe because it certainly was not created in the Chubby Chick's Culinary Lab.

Taco Soup
2 cans or 1 box of fat free broth (I used beef)
1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning
1 small onion
1 can of fat-free refried beans
1 can of black beans drained and rinsed
1 can of kidney beans (or other kind) drained and rinsed
1 can of Rotel (you pick the how spicey to go)
1 can of corn

saute onion with a little cooking spray (I cheated and used a little butter), add broth and seasoning.  Wisk in refried beans, add all other ingredients and simmer for 20 minutes.  Presto....you have soup!  Enjoy.

I just completed day 4 of Shred.  Yay me...but my body still shakes when I am done.  I have to say, my biggest fear would be to have to complete a workout with Jillian Michaels in person.  I can't imagine.

I was hoping to get the workout done before headind to the office this morning, but I chose to sleep longer instead. I could not sleep last night and was more than lethargic this morning so a few more Z's felt good.  Doing Shred at night isn't bad but I hate that gnawing feeling that I still have to do something at the end of a long day.   All that matters is that it is done!

13 comments:

Johnny Vu said...

awsome... I have my Sunday planned

Megsie said...

Thanks for the recipe :) Sorry tonight didn't work out. I couldn't have gone out anyway...Nicholas had a game. WE WILL FIND A DAY! xoxo

teacherwoman said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!

Amanda said...

Yum, I love Taco Soup on a cold day!

Becca said...

Looks delicious! I love a good soup when it's cold! I'll have to try this one!

Jess said...

Thanks for the recipe; it looks great! And nice job on another round of Shred in the bag!

Heather said...

That soup looks delicious! I made a taco chili that is similar and is very tasty. Nice job on the shred!

April said...

Yum!! This sounds sooo good and maybe simple enough that I won't botch it! Think I will make it tonight. Thanks!

hmm114 said...

Just found your blog! I've done the Shred awhile back and think I'm going to jump back into it. 30 days of the Shred...great goal! Good luck!

Missy said...

I love Taco soup and white chili on cold days. Perfect after a workout...and I LOVE my crock pot!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Making this next week, for sure!! Thanks for posting!! BTW - Jillian scares the pants off me too!

Simply Life said...

Oh this soup sounds great!

martina said...

Hi Carly, thank you so much for writing about RO*TEL. We love this recipe and think you should enter it into our recipe contest for a chance to win $2,000. For more info visit http://www.rotelacrossamerica.com

- The RO*TEL Across America Team