Thursday, January 14, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  I just completed my 6th day in a row of Jillian Michaels Shred.  I still get queasy going from the cardio to the ab workout.  Does anyone else have this problem or am I just that out of shape???  Also, my knees are really feeling it and I have had do the modified version of lunges and squats.  I will complete this 30 day stretch, however, I will not sacrafice a knee.  I am OK with doing the modifications.  I still wake up sore in the morning so it must mean I worked hard.

2.  Scale hop was really good....it showed a 3lb loss since Saturday.  I have opted to counting calories rather than points and doing well sticking to my range (1500-1800).  I do think it is a little funny that I start losing weight AFTER I quit Weight Watchers.  I know, I have issues.  ha!

3.  As we are rolling into another weekend, I am so happy to see more blanks on the calendar.  Have I become a boring person?  Maybe.  But I am sure enjoying not having a million things to do.  I have simplified my schedule so much that I am able to actually RELAX during a weekend.  Imagine that!  I also just realized that I have a three day weekend because our office is closed on Monday.  WOOT!!!

18 comments:

Becca said...

I have that book...The Shred...but I haven't really tried anything in it yet. Sounds brutal!

Sarah said...

3 pounds since Sat...you go girl!!! Enjoy your 3 day weekend!

Megsie said...

Hello again~
Way to go on the -3! I lost this week too :) Have a wonderful 3-day-weekend!xoxo

mommie2lea said...

Awesome loss, Carly! And funny enough, I started to lose my weight the month after I quit WW. Counted calories for a year and lost about 60 pounds, and then rejoined WW online last July and have lost another 20. I think you just have to mix it up a bit if something isn't working as we can burn out a bit on it.

Missy said...

I know it - I just remembered the three day weekend as well. Totally rocks. Cheers to you for meeting smart and NOT filling the calendar.

teacherwoman said...

lunges can be hard on the knees especially if you are not used to it. Go ahead, do the modified version! At least your still workin' it! :) Also, I think widening your stance and really sticking your ass out there will help!

Yay for the weekend! GO VIKES!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Congrats on the loss!

I had trouble doing the jumping jacks in Shred, so I was usuallly too winded to do anything else.

Marlene said...

Sounds like maybe you just needed to change things up. Congrats on the loss! Keep it going.

And way to go on the Shred! I have never done back to back days, let alone 6!

Tony the Pink Panda said...

Points are dumb. Calorie counting is where it's at. Nice loss!

Heather said...

We're closed Monday too and I am SO happy! Have a great weekend!

MCM Mama said...

Good job on the weight loss and keeping up with the Shred! Yay for a long quiet weekend!

Lori said...

Calendar blanks can be a good thing LOL!

For the knee pain with squats and lunges. Might I suggest that you do some hamstring work (like deadlifts)? Many times, women are quadcentric, and so much power imbalance between the front and the back of the legs can stress the knees.

Megan said...

I love the rare blanks in the calendar.

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
Thanks for checking out my blog! Actually, I am really surprised at how many Minnesota bloggers there are. I have Heather to thank for introducing me to blogging. I was was trying to get results to the Anoka Jingle Bell Run and one of my choices was Junk Miles. I clicked on Heather's blog and I was amazed! I thought that it was such a cool idea to be able to communicate with other people who enjoyed running! I will have to go back and read your earlier posts:) Have a great weekend Carly!

RunToTheFinish said...

dude you are amazing doing the shred daily...couldn't do it...nope not me.

ahh a three day weekend...maybe I could call in sick?

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Maybe mixing it up has helped you get the weight loss....your body likes the change.

Free weekends make me happy. This weekend is packed and all I want to do is SLEEP!!

The Rash family said...

How are you tacking your calories? i found I do better with calories than WW cuz I can watch fiber/protein/carbs more closely using sparkpeople.com. Try that!

runningbetty said...

If you're queasy right after but it fades in 10 mins, you had a great core workout ;)