Thursday, January 21, 2010

Three Things Thursday

Jewelry Parties
Dammit.  I got sucked in again.  I was wined and dined into buying "home party" jewelry. Thankfully I got away without completely breaking the bank.  I spent $19 on a cute glass bead bracelet. It will go great with my Goldy Gopher black fleece jacket. 

Wine seems to be my home party Spanish Fly.  Slip me some and you will have an order in your hand.  Give me a couple of glasses and I might even book a party.  As much as I hate home parties, I am a sucker for them.  I always fall into the "it is just an fun way to get everyone together" bit. 

Bloggity Dreams
This morning marked the second time I woke up and remembered a very detailed weird dream that involved my blogging friends.  Iron Missy was getting married and she was giving away workout DVDs that she created as wedding favors ???!!!  Carolina John was also there and Chubby Hubby kept telling him he looked like Sean Hannity (VERY sorry Missy and CJ, it was just a dream). 

Dang, now I really have to convince people that I am not some crazy stalker weirdo.  Does this mean I spend too much time in Blogland?  I think I should take these dreams as a hint not to hop on the computer to catch up on blog reading at 3AM when I cannot sleep.

Am I the only one that has had dreams about people she has never met in real life? 

Workouts
  •  I just came back from a quickie  lunch time bike workout.  I went almost 5 miles in 20 minutes on a random hill setting.  
  • Day 12 of Shred was also completed last night.  I am almost to the half way point!!!!  
  • We are getting some sleety garbage that has made the roads a complete mess so I am holding off on another run until the weekend.
  • On deck for tonight is Jillian workout #13. 

21 comments:

Megsie said...

That is so funny...dreaming of bloggers! I can say that I have never done that. I am going to coffee now, and debating about hot chocolate, or water...willpower, or weakness? Huh.

aron said...

haha i have had dreams about bloggers too - its weird!

WannabeRunner said...

Congrats on being almost half way thru with the shred!!

MCM Mama said...

LOL at the dream! You are so making Jillian your beyotch! Keep up the good work.

Megan said...

Good job on sticking with Shred. I'm not sure I could manage every day, even though I exercise six days/week.

unathleticrunner said...

Good luck with the shred she kicks butt!!!! I hope the weather gets better for you!!!

Ann said...

"my home party Spanish Fly" - you are too funny!!!

Mike Russell said...

No, that isn't weird at all! You may spend too much time there me thinks.

Great work on the bike. Sounds like you will have to retire it for a couple of days at least!

teacherwoman said...

I have had dreams about fellow bloggers myself! LOL.

Jamoosh said...

A quickie on the bike - sounds...interesting!

Sarah said...

I am a sucker for those parties too...and I don't even drink!! I usually try to only spend around $20. I once went to a Mary Kay party and became convinced I had old skin and spent waaaay too much $...now I try and avoid those. :)

Heather said...

Ha, too funny about the blog dreams! We're getting the rain too, yuck.

Jess said...

I've dreamt of bloggers too. It is weird.

I too succumb to buying crap once I'm loaded at those sorts of home parties. I think I still have some sort of expensive tube of eye serum I bought about 6 years ago sitting in my medicine cabinet because of a troublesome (but delightful) bottle of pinot.

Missy said...

You said you had a quickie at lunch - we call that a nooner around here. hahahaha

OK, that dream is just hilarious. I love that I gave out workout DVDs, though. I think most party favors suck it but that one might be kinda good:)

lifestudent said...

I never get invited to that in home party kind of stuff, but I do have a mom I met through a playgroup trying to sell me anti-aging cream. Is that close?

Becca said...

I've been having some odd dreams lately too but I can't ever remember them!

Pink Panda said...

I dream about matt damon all the time.

Diana said...

I'd love a workout DVD from Missy as a party favor!
I hope I get invited to her next wedding!
Nice job on the "quickie"!

Staci Dombroski said...

I am a huge sucker for home parties too. I think people invite me because they know they have a yes RSVP :-)

Carolina John said...

yea homemade workout dvd's? only Ironman Martha freaking Stewart would make those. or missy.

and at least i was still (apparently) wearing clothes in your dream. you want to get internet stalker creepy you have to blog about a naked dream. but those should be so much fun you wouldn't want to blog about it. ha!

Simply Life said...

I have yet to do a Jilian workout so way to go - I've heard they're quite the challenge!