Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up and a Product Review

This weekend wasn't the greatest and it certainly wasn't the worst.

Friday set the tone when my work computer got a virus and completely wiped out all the work I had done for that day. Thankfully most of the stuff was backed up but, I have to start from scratch redoing all my personal settings when the IT guys fix my computer. I won't know when it will be getting fixed and I will have to be working out of another cube. It is a real pain in the ass. Although it is a GREAT reminder for me to back up all of my personal items at home.

My middle child caught some crazy virus and he is been miserable all weekend. The poor kid just looks like death.  Truth be told, I am feeling a little under the weather myself.  I have a scratchy throat and body aches.  He and I spend most of the day Saturday sleeping.

To top it all off, the weather has been really strange. We have been getting rain. It is gray and damp. Everything looks so dirty and gross. If this stuff freezes, we are going to be in a world of trouble!  It was a great weekend to stay indoors.


Even though it was quite the BLAH weekend....I was able to complete day 14, 15, and 16 of Shred. I have not missed a day.  Seriously, I have not ever been this committed to anything.  Even if I start projectile vomiting, I will continue to do this.  Three people on Friday told me my face was starting to look thinner.  That right there is motivation enough to do Shred everyday.

On to the product review:
I had the opportunity to review toddler hair clips from Ladybugs N Butterflies.  For the sake of full disclosure sent me 2 clips for me to keep in exchange for my feedback.

I was excited to review this product even though it has nothing to do with running or fitness.  I was excited by because Diva's hair always looks as it does in the photo below.

I chose the two clips below.  On the website, the all of the products have names.  The bee clip is the Kira Abigail  and the cow is the Karli Anne (haha that is my name, I had to have it even though it is spelled different)
All of the clips are handmade and are very good quality.  The clips were very comfortable (no poking or pinching) and they were very secure.  One of the great things about these hair accessories is that you are able to customize the clip to your preference.  They have an alligator style, french barrette, toddler and infant snappy clips, as well as some hair binders (click here to view).  They have a great online catalog with a huge selection of adorable hair items. ( http://ladybugsnbutterflies.com)

Diva hates me coming near her hair.  It is a workout just to get a brush through it.  With a little bribery (ice cream) she allowed me to put these in.  She seemed to like them and actually kept them in longer than other hair clips.   While I really love these, I have to wait until she is a bit older to use them (she is only 2).  I can't speak for all toddlers, but mine pulls ANY barrette/clip out.  These are simply way too cute for her to destroy.  We will pull them out for special occasions and photos.

Even though Diva might be too young for them, I do think that I would buy more of these for gifts.  They are cute, great quality, and unique. 




Thank you so much to Ladybugs N Butterflies for the sample of your product.  I enjoyed the opportunity to review. 

19 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Way to keep up with the Shred! Awesome!

Those hair clips are so cute!

MCM Mama said...

That cow is the cutest thing ever! Would it be bad if I bought one for my boy? LOL

WTG on the Shred!

Sarah said...

Such cute clip! They look adorable on her. :)

Hope you all are feeling better soon!

WannabeRunner said...

Your daughter is so precious. :) Keep up the amazing work on The Shred!

C.E.E. said...

Those clips are so cute! I only wish lil T would keep ANYTHING in her hair for more then 2.2 seconds!

Congrats on the Shred...looking forward to how it all turns out.

lifestudent said...

Cute! We have been "practicing" putting stuff in my little ones hair. I think once she forgot I put it in and left if for about 2 minutes. Average lengh is more like 2 seconds though :)

Jess said...

Veryc ute hairclips! And congrats on being so committed to Shred!

Diana said...

The pic of her eating from the bowl is priceless.....so many things come to my mind as to what she may be thinking!!!
I'm actually hoping for some fresh snow to "clean" things up again-it's look ugly, black and grey here too from all the rain we had this weekend. Is this really winter??!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Beautiful pics of diva, and I hope that you (and your middle child) are back to 100% soon!

Megsie said...

This weekend was blah. I have a terrible cold, and the Vikings LOST, and it snowed last night so I can only imagine how the roads are now. We woke up today with yet another kid with this awful cold...UGH!

Staci Dombroski said...

Such cute pictures! I have the same problem with my daughter. Thanks for the review, I will have to check that out!

Marlene said...

I hope both you and your son are feeling 100% better SOON! And hopefully things will go more smoothly at work this week.

Nice work on ther Shred, Carly. You are doing AWESOME. Keep it up.

Heather said...

Nice job getting the shred done! Those clips are cute. Sophie is the same way about her hair - I can't touch it. It just always looks like a big rats nest.

Al's CL Reviews said...

WTG on shred. Diva looks cute!

Carolina John said...

sounds like a fun product. my girls hair is always in their faces. it's annoying.

Missy said...

They are too cute! I don't think my dawg would appreciate them, though:)

Way to go on Shred. I need a Shred from that Jillian...

Lisa said...

you're rocking the shred. and i agree, when folks start commenting about changes...it's huge motivation. keep it up!!

Tricia said...

She is too cute!

lindsay said...

those are the cutest clips!!

that stinks about your work computer... hope this week has been better.