Sunday, January 17, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up Bullet Style

  • Day 9 of Shred is DONE.  I am still experiencing sore muscles.   Good?  It must be the fear leaving my body.  21 more days left....GAWD that seems like a lot of time.
  • I might be imagining things, but I think my calf muscles are starting to return.
  • Calories tend to add up quick when adult beverages are involved.
  • Way to go Vikings!!!  I am not much of a football fan, but Chubby Hubby is REALLY happy after today's win.
  • Operation pantry restock was completed (during the football game of course).  My pantry was absolutely pathetic.  I offered organic split pea soup to my middle child and he turned up his nose.  After that, I knew it was time to get to the store.
  • Diva is still doing well after our unnecessary visit to the ER.  Though she is still hacking up a lung.
  • I played several games of Operation with my middle child today and found myself getting really competitive.....against a 5 year old.
  • I started reading my 2nd Celia Rivenbark book "You Can't Drink All Day If You Don't Start in the Morning".  It is funny as hell! I even found it at the library.
  • I get to get my Jack Bauer fix tonight as they are playing the last episode from last season and then the new series starts tomorrow!!
  • Did I mention that I have tomorrow off?!
  • Tomorrow's to do list:
    • Babysit BFFs Children (yes, she trusts me...silly girl.  Her kids will be swearing in no time).
    • Make Beef Stroganoff recipe taken from the Cooking Light website.
    • Go for a run. Yes, a run.  I am ready to start again.  I need something to loosen my muscles up from all these Jillian workouts.  It might not be pretty but I have to take advantage of some of these mild temps.
    • Speaking of Jillian, she is on the list too....tomorrow will mark the last day of level one.

20 comments:

Tamzin said...

A pretty darn good day all in all!! :) I did a big shop today as well. Homemade turkey sausage & veggies soup for us for dinner.

No organic split pea here... I would turn my nose up to that too! haha

:)

Megsie said...

My gosh woman! You are a writing machine! Sounds like a good weekend, and I am so glad you little girl is doing fine. Good luck on your run tomorrow. Let me know how it goes :)

EricaH said...

Beef Stroganoff sounds good hope you'll share the recipe. Way to go on day 9 keep it up, I think the shred gets better after the first level. Have a great day off. :)

HEATHER @ runfastermommy! said...

I've been avoiding the Shred because I'm mad at Jillian for pushing diet pills (that's a rant for another day) but I keep hearing this video kicks serious booty. I might need to try it!

teacherwoman said...

Fell in love with Bauer over Christmas break when we rented 1/4 of the 1st season of 24. Before than, I hadn't watched any of the first 7 season! Boy, have I been missing out.

Marci said...

Good job on the shred, are you doing before/after photos? I am curious about trying this sometime.

MCM Mama said...

Way to keep up with the Shred! Have a great run tomorrow!

X-Country2 said...

Get out for that run girl!

lifestudent said...

I agree with PP ... not that you have to share photos but I'd like a before and after comparison of how you feel about the shred at least ;)

Lisa said...

"Calories tend to add up quick when adult beverages are involved."

Yes, and that seems to be a key one for me to watch wrt weight...

Carolina John said...

come on calf muscles, you can do it!

Good job on the shred. it will catch up with you sooner rather than later. don't tease us with sexy calf stories and no sexy calf pics. i'm guilty of that one myself.

Megan said...

Have you noticed any difference in your body, besides calf muscles, since you've been doing shred?

Yeah, We Saints fans are glad the Vikings won too. Not only do we have a soft spot for Farve. We haven't lost to the Vikings this year. Should be a great game on Sunday.

Also the verification word is fator. Now that's just mean. I'm definitely less fat than I was. :)

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I hope your BFF kids survived! (Just kidding!)

Have a wonderful week and I hope that your little one continues to improve.

Middle Name Marie said...

I agree about the adult beverages. They are quite the calorie count killer. It is really too bad.

Tammy said...

Yay for Day 9!

I'm now going to search for Celia Rivenbark on my library's website... Thanks for the tip!

Jamoosh said...

Darn - I wish I had the day off. Enjoy.

Heather said...

Nice job sticking with the shred - You'll have less than 20 days left soon!

She-Fit said...

Oh Jillian... She definitely knows how to shred those muscles, doesn't she?!?!

Julie said...

My kids would also turn their noses up in the air for the pea soup too! Have a good one!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Great post, you have me laughing every time!