Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend Wrap-up, Martha Stewart Ain't Got Nothin' On Me!

Winter really needs to go fast this year.  When I am stuck in the house I do crazy things.   I actually BAKED today. I don't bake. Ever.

I was on a purging rampage this weekend and as I cleaned out my cupboards and freezer, I discovered that I had everything I needed to make banana bread.  The oven actually got used for more than just making frozen pizza.  From what I hear, it turned out really well.  My kids scarfed down half a loaf in no time at all.  Too bad I can't even test the stuff because it could kill me. I am deathly allergic to bananas. It bums me out because I used to love bananas before I reacted to them.


I also whipped up a batch of taco soup for my lunches this week.  It is pretty tasty although I am planning on renaming it colon blow soup because with 3 cans of beans there is no lack of fiber.


I am patting myself on the back for all the domestic stuff I got done this weekend.  Cooking, baking, cleaning, and we can see the floor in the laundry room (that never happens).  It was a productive weekend.  This list making is really working out well for me.

Day 2 Shred was a success.  I am so sore I can hardly type, but I did it.  Only 28 more days to go.  It is going to be challenging this week doing it before work at 4:30 AM.  I can always do it after work but I really do not like working out after 8PM and that is when I would have to do it.

18 comments:

MCM Mama said...

Yum!

I'm mildly sore from Day 1, but I didn't do Day 2 today (never planned to). Instead I did 400 meter repeats on the treadmill. My legs hurt now.

Keep up the good work on the shred!

teacherwoman said...

way to prep for those lunches! Rockstar!

Sad to hear you are allergic to bananas... I LURVE me some banana bread (with chocolate chips)...mmmm...:)

Diana said...

My frig is over flowing from all the cooking I also did this weekend! Great job Carly on making your own food. Taste way better than any processed crap from some big company out to make a buck off our laziness!! Enjoy all you made this week!

Megsie said...

I am so jealous! I ran from one activity to another this weekend. Recipe for the soup please....looks yummy!

Aka Alice said...

YUM! at the Banana Bread

LOL at "Colon Blow Soup" hahahahaha

Sarah said...

You go girl! That banana bread looks delish! I love taco soup too! I have a great recipe for that and even my kids will eat it. :)

lindsay said...

way to go betty crocker :) i have never heard of a banana allergy before, although i guess it's not that weird since i am allergic to apples, pears, grapes... bummer about the banana bread, always yummy!

D10 said...

Sorry to hear you are allergic to bananas:( The bread and soup looks delicious.

Dawn said...

Looks yummy!!!

Lily on the Road said...

Good for you, when you are done there, can you come to my place to clean and cook? ;^) Please!!!

WannabeRunner said...

Colon Blow Soup, nice. :)

Excited to hear your full report on The Shred - have heard many reviews of it, may just have to try it one of these days...

Missy said...

430am is way better than 8pm any day...I hate it but 8pm, that gets in the way of my sleeping time!!!

I am on a cooking bender too..what's the deal? I guess I'm just keen on eating real food right now. I feel really great too.

Meg said...

Oooh! That soup looks tasty! Where did you get the recipe?

The Shred kicks my butt too, way to go!

Megan said...

I love banana bread. I've got a black banana at home calling my name. Think I'll make some tonight.

Pls post (or email me) the soup recipe. I love soup w/ beans.

X-Country2 said...

You're the second person with chocolate chip banana bread. Now I want it!

Carolina John said...

love the shred and the bread. rock on carly.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Great job with the shred and the cooking!! I need to get better prepared with food stuff too.

Al's CL Reviews said...

Great job Carly. And wtg on choosing life over banana bread!

But 430??????