Monday, February 22, 2010

I Stopped Myself

I REALLY could have used a run tonight.  I did actually get bundled up and went out the door.  I made it about 15 steps before I made the excutive decision not to risk my life or put on a show of my ass in the air for the neighbors.  The roads were very slick and in my 15 steps, I did not have a solid footing on the ground.  Perhaps ice skates would have been a better option.  These warmer winter days are great....that is until dusk arrives and starts freezing all the puddles.

Instead, I spent the night in with my family.  The Diva and I danced to some of the new tunes I downloaded (I ***heart*** Lady Gaga!!), read books with the boys, and got my Jack Bauer fix. You know what that means.....gym bag is packed for tomorrow.

17 comments:

Jamoosh said...

Dancing in private is always good. Hopefully things will thaw out soon enough.

Jen said...

I am sure you burned rubber dancing to LG. Enjoy the gym today.

Staci Dombroski said...

I love 24!!! I hope you have a great day :-)

Heather said...

Sophie and I love dancing to Lady Gaga too.

You need some yak trax! They do really help with the slippery roads.

moni said...

Always better to be safe...Glad you chose to spend the time having FUN with the kids!

Tricia said...

sounds like a fun evening!

Tricia said...

oh, And did you sign up for my latest running skirt giveaway? :)

Megsie said...

I woke up at 5:30 this morning and *almost* got up to begin the daily walk regiment. I blew this week to hell already, so I turned over and went back to sleep. I can tell how proud of me you are.

teacherwoman said...

Your evening sounds like a great alternative to face planting it on the ice.. or should I say "ass-planting"!

Carolina John said...

i really thought lady gaga was a hermaphrodite. i'm just sayin....

Ann said...

Sounds much better than a run in the snow!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I love Lady Gaga!! I think that you made the right choice by staying in...better than to break something and hurt yourself:)

Janice {Run Far} said...

everytime my 4 yr old and I get in the car, she asks for "Bad Romance" or a P!nk song... she is so cute. I heart Lady Gaga too.

MCM Mama said...

good choice! We've had a lot of those slippery evenings around here too.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I just don't understand the appeal of Lady Gaga or 24. I'm in the minority.

Lily on the Road said...

SOUNDS GREAT!

hmm114 said...

I LOVE Lady Gaga too !!! You just reminded me~ I need to download some fresh music too.