Thursday, February 11, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  OUCH!  OUCH!  OUCH!
My shoulders have hit the breaking point with these Jillian workouts.  Last night I woke up at 2AM in really bad pain.  So much pain that I had to pop a few Advil.  I avoid taking Advil at all costs because it hurts my stomach.  I do think it was a really bad idea to do Shred after Pilates.  I am thinking it might be time for a day of rest.

2.   I have been doing double tracking of calories.  While this might seem a bit OCD, it is really keeping me honest.  I feel like I am in control when I actually have to write something down.  I have also been tracking my food and exercise online with Spark People.  I like the online tracking because I like all the graphs and reports they produce.  I was using Fit Day and liked that site too but found it to be too much.  I am still not 100% happy either of  online trackers but will continue to use Spark People until I find one I like.  Any suggestions?

3.  I am very excited because we have a whole team of people from my office running the Get in Gear 5K on April 24.  Eleven people are running to be exact.  We have a wide spectrum of runners/walker that will be doing this race.  Some are first time runners, and some are seasoned runners.  We all have made some sort of a commitment to better health and this seemed like a great goal for all of us to pursue.  Some were excited right away at the idea of running a race, others needed  a bit more convincing (alcohol). It will be fun to train and see us all progress to tackle the 5K.

24 comments:

Jen said...

Way to listen to your body, but not give up!!!

I just keep track of my points by myself... one thing that I haven't go technical with.

How awesome you have 11 people running with you. So inspiring.

BTW: Check out my blog for a cool giveaway!

MCM Mama said...

I'm not shredding, but I feel your pain! 5 days of snow shoveling is beginning to wear on me.

Cool that you have a bunch of people running the 5K with you!

Marlene said...

Oh no, sounds like you definitely need a day of rest. You're beyond 30 days - you can take a day off!

Awesome news that so many of your coworkers are going to run the 5K!

Megsie said...

Sounds like fun to have a whole convoy of you running!

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I am running the Get in Gear too, but I am doing the 10k! Maybe I will see you there:)

I am sorry about the pain and soreness you are having...look at it this way, you will be one in shape girl once all of your training is done and it will be totally worth it:)

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Yikes! You deserve and should take a rest day!! I'm tracking my calories too, using TrainingPeaks.com, since I use it for tracking my workouts with the training plan I purchased.... I like it. Great job inspiring so many people at work!!

ajh said...

I'm jealous that you have a lot of people from work to run with!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Sounds like a good reason to have a party on the 24th!

I use sparkpeople.

Diana said...

I used Fitday too, but I find it a little too much work also. Nice to see all the graphs and stuff, but UGH on all the data entry!
Spark is nice too-I haven't tracked food on it though.
I should re-start keeping track to keep myself from too much sugar!

moni said...

You DEFINATELY deserve a break! Enjoy and let your body heal!!

Heather said...

That's great that you and your coworkers are doing the 5K together - should keep you motivated!

My shoulders were killing me today after my Jillian workout last night!

Missy said...

Yeah, give the shoulder a rest. I have been having some shoulder issues too (swimming) and you just don't want to let that go.

Jamoosh said...

Day of rest. DAY OF REST!

Lisa said...

Rest is important. Take a day of it.

Great that so many in your office are doing that 5K. Woot!

WannabeRunner said...

You DESERVE a day of rest, for sure! :)

I use the Lose It! app on my phone for tracking calories...simple, but not sure how "accurate" it is.

Jess said...

Does Tylenol work for you because that should be easier on your tummy.

Megan said...

How'd everyone at your work get motivated to do that? Sounds like fun.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Running with a group is always SUPER fun, and makes it a whole lot better!! Have fun with it, and feel better!!

On The Road... said...

Try icing them after your workouts, even before they start to ache.

Ann said...

I hate tracking! I occassionally use Spark, because I only occassionally track =)

Stephanie said...

:( Sorry about your shoulders! Yeah, Advil is brutal and horrible for your body...I avoid it at all costs as well.
weight loss

Simply Life said...

wow now that is an intense workout!

Kristin said...

You go girl! What a cute blog. I'm excited to see all your progress (just found your blog while surfing around). Check us out if you want: http://sherunslikeagirl.blogspot.com

Christie said...

Hi Carly,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you're feeling better now.