Thursday, February 25, 2010

Three Things Thursday

1.  Yesterday for lunch, I had two low carb tortillas with hummus and veggies.  Later, I made myself a sandwich for dinner.  The low carb tortillas contain 11 grams of dietary fiber EACH and the bread I used for my sandwich was a DOUBLE fiber variety.  My public service announcement for today is that it is not a good idea to eat that much fiber before Pilates.  Just sayin'.

2.  My next challenge in life is going to be weaning the sugar out of my diet.  Chubby Hubby called for an intervention last night when I marched in to the living room with a bowl a hearty tablespoon (or three) of peanut butter and chocolate chips.  I was absolutely desperate for something sweet and this was even AFTER I had stole one of the kids pudding snack packs.  I have said it before, and I will say it again.....sugar is my drug.  Now that I have been called out on how low I will go to get a fix, I think it is time that I do something about it. 

3.  I really hate that I am getting my hopes up to get into Grandma's Half Marathon.  I have no control over who gets in and who does not.  I really would like to have that on the calendar to have something fun to look forward to doing.  I will know hopefully by Monday or Tuesday if I am into the race.  **crossing fingers**  It is bound to happen one of these years.


Oh....Ok so this is going to be "4 Things Thursday"

4.  Upon canceling my gym membership, I realized that I can still use the facility on an "as needed" basis.  It is a small fee for the day and if I choose to use it, I am still not wasting money each month.  Thank you Missy for that reminder.

21 comments:

Heather said...

That is a lot of fiber!

I have a sugar problem too . . . I have one good day, and then go completely overboard the next.

Staci Dombroski said...

Thanks for the tip about the fiber and pilates :-) hehe

Jamoosh said...

Peanut butter and chocolate should be a food group.

Lily on the Road said...

OMG, Carly you crack me right up and thanks for the public service announcement...still laughing here!

Jen said...

When I get a sugar crazing, I clean something. I have a very clean house. LOL!

WannabeRunner said...

Mmm...peanut butter and chocolate chips. Damn you, sugar!

Stephanie said...

Sugar is absolutely addictive! I would say I am pretty much recovered from the addiction at this point. I'm a psychotherapist and holistic nutritionist and I am often helping others free themselves from sugar slavery.

BODA weight loss

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
Man, I have to give you credit for trying to give sugar up!! I have attempted many times with a big old fail!! Good for you!!

So we have to wait until Thursday to find out about Grandma's....leave me a comment when you find out and let me know what the status is. Have a great day Carly!!

Ann said...

My fingers are crossed for you on Grandma's

My name is Ann and I have sugar problem...and that's all I have to say about that.

moni said...

Go ahead and clean out your kitchen of all your sugar products...I'll email you my address later so you send it all to me....hehehe :)

Megsie said...

Thank you for the public service announcement. Huh.

teacherwoman said...

Love the public service announcement... I would be in the same boat. lol.

April said...

LOL!! You are so funny! You really have to be careful with the fiber!
Mmmmm I am a peanut butter freak! I have never thought of mixing it with chocolate chips....
Hope you get into the Grandma's Half!!
Have a good day!

MCM Mama said...

Maybe I need a sugar intervention since my first thought about the peanut butter and chocolate was "yum, that sounds like a good snack" LOL.

Jess said...

So with all that fiber, did you drop a deuce that helped make your pants fit better?

Diana said...

Fiber + Yoga = very uncomfortable!! Been there!

gymrat said...

NO! Don't cancel the gym membership! You will LOVE it...give it time!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

you will get in!! I'm thinking positively for you!

I loved just paying once in awhile for the gym and learning all the things I could do at home!

Simply Life said...

wow - so are you planning to completely cut sugar out?

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Wow fiber! and thanks I never thought of chocolate chips and peanutbutter, i'm fucked!

Lisa said...

That's it, you've inspired me to try and kick my own sugar addiction! Time to go blog about it so something will hold me accountable!