Sunday, February 7, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up, I am Shredded!

I am "Shredded".

Thank you Ms. Jillian Michaels.  I have survived your 30 day program.

After 30 days, there have been some very noticeable changes:
  • My legs are looking more toned
  • My arms jiggle a lot less
  • My face is not as round
  • My midsection has come in a bit
  • I am way more flexible
  • I have been in a better mood
Unfortunately, I did not take my measurements.  It would have been really fun to see how many inches disappeared.  As far as weight, I am still around 3-5lbs down.  I didn't lose the 20lbs as indicated on the DVD cover but I am not disapointed with the results. 

I loved this program because it was a quick, down and dirty, get it done workout.  This fit into my crazy schedule because it is only 20(some) minutes.  It was one I could do while I entertained the kids (52 pick-up anyone?) and one I could squeeze in after work.

Aside from being a pretty intense workout, I only really had one major complaint.  My knees, ankles, and shins really took a beating.  I think it was the combination of working out of a hard floor and wearing my running shoes.  I think they were too rigid for me during this workout.  I have a motion control shoe and felt that my shoes were like cement bricks doing some of the moves.  I am going to buy myself a pair of cross-trainers for non-running workouts.

I completed all three levels multiple times.  I did spend most of my time in level one primarily because I felt like I got the best workout during that segment.  Level 2 and 3 were good but some of the moves were too hard for this out of shape girl and caused pain that was above and beyond a "good hurt".  As I got stronger, I would combine the levels to make the workout a little more challenging.

Now what?

Well, I am not sure what to do next.  People have said their record for consecutive days with Shred has been 40+ days.  I have to admit, my competitive edge is starting to come out and I would like to crush those records.  I may push on and keep doing it.  Really, the snow is not going anywhere anytime soon (as I type we are getting 6-12"!).  It is a good way to get a decent quick workout in for the day.  We will see....I am not sure how much more Jillian speak I can handle.

All in all, I do think this is a great DVD for the workout library. 

25 comments:

unathleticrunner said...

Good work!

MCM Mama said...

Great job!

Erica said...

Way to stick with it! Great Job! and the damned snow! I took your advice chips and beer (as a treat and it was awesome!) hehe of course in moderation!

Tamzin said...

WOOHOO!! 30 days of shredding!! that is amazing.

I have to agree - the workouts are hard on the feet and ankles. I have that dvd too.

Pus some meansurements up anyway...and see where you can go from there!

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Congrats on finishing the 30 days, great results and review!

Jen said...

Yay!!!! Great job to complete it.

Have you thought of p90x? There are better deals on ebay. I am loving it.

Ann said...

Way to go!!!

Lisa said...

congrats! great job!!

Heather said...

Congrats on finishing the thirty days and on your results - that's awesome! I used to wear my running shoes to do videos and had the same problem. Now I do them barefoot and have had no issues.

Staci Dombroski said...

Great review of the tape! I am happy to hear that you have seen such good results. I am working on that tape, but I also want to try p90x :-) Have a great week!

Megsie said...

Way to go Carly! I am in awe of you!

lindsay said...

woo hoo! it's tough to stick with any program for a length of time - you did great! too bad you didn't get measurements but that's awesome that you can see the physical results so you know you did well :)

bring on 41+ days ;)

RockStarTri said...

Doing the whole 30 days is a mental challenge as well as a physical. Good job!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Go on with your bad self!

Anne said...

30 days of shredding! You're a machine :)

moni said...

Great job!! Keep it up and break the record!!!

Jamoosh said...

Excellent work - now go crush them. CRUSH THEM!

Simply Life said...

wow way to go sticking with this for the 30 days!

Kristin said...

Good job Carly!! I will make it to day 30 tomorrow, and then I will challenge you to the 60 day shred! WOOHOOO!!! Bring on the pain!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

what about P90X? I'm really considreing it and I"m pretty sure it would kill me since, I thought jillian was hard

Julie said...

Congrats for finishing 30 days of shredding!! Good job:)

X-Country2 said...

Great work! I've always wonder what someone thought of doing all 30 days.

hmm114 said...

Mute that Jillian voice and break that 40 + day record!! You are so close to it now! I have trying to figure out a fitness schedule...I think I will give it a shot. I have the DVD and have tried it...but not more than a few days.

P.O.M. said...

Hi!!!!!!!!
You're probably the 4th or 5th person that has said that they liked this video. I think I need to add it to my collection. My "collection" of 1 old yoga VHS tape. And "Windsor" pilates I bought and never did.

runningmom77 said...

I have this DVD, and have never even taken the shrink wrap off! LOL! Thanks for the motivation to break the plastic!