Sunday, February 28, 2010

Weekend Wrap-Up, Weekend of Gluttony

In a previous post, I mentioned that I was going to be giving up sugar.  I am.  I really am.  I was just waiting for the perfect time.  Then I went to Target......and.....the Easter candy is out!!!

Dammit.  Dammit. Dammit.
Tomorrow starts a new month and a new week.  I am biting the bullet (and having the animal traquilizers ready) because March 1st will start my journey of cutting out the sugar.  Since today is the last day of February, I went CRAZY.  Donuts for breakfast and a quick trip to Target for this bad boy....
The cashier asked if I wanted to keep it out of the bag for the ride home.  I did what every honest lady does, I said, "Nah, put it in the bag, it is for the kids".  I was even slightly offended that he would even suggest that I could not wait to get home before scarfing chocolate down.  I got to the car and of course I couldn't wait.  YUM!!!  I am happy, I got my Reese's Egg(s) for the season.  Now I can move on.

The weekend was kind of a lazy one.  I had a mile long to do list but I lacked the motivation to tackle it.  At least it wasn't anything too important, just housework.  We were all going a little stir crazy so we  thought it would be a great idea to go out to dinner as a family.  We don't go out often because, well, the photo speaks for itself......


I think it will be a few more years before we are welcome in any restaurant.

Oh yeah...I did run this weekend (2.8 miles on Saturday).

24 comments:

Sarah said...

Too funny! I am glad that I am not the only one who says to put it in the bag and then tears it open as soon as I get in the car. My weakness is Cadbury mini-cream eggs.

lindsay said...

lol. 'for the kids' :)

good luck on your march challenge! you can do it!! c'mon i'm an m&m addict and i made it through my little challenge.

MCM Mama said...

I can guarantee you that if a snickers is involved, it will be eaten in the parking lot. I am upfront about it though - sure hand it to me. LOL

WannabeRunner said...

Oh Lord...as soon as i see a Cadbury egg, i am done for. Done. For.

Lisa said...

giving it up is so.hard.to.do.

good luck with that.

glad it's you (and not me!). lol

Heather said...

Ha, that's so funny! I love Reese's eggs, yum.

moni said...

Tomorrow is a new day!! You can do it!! :)

EricaH said...

i love love love Reese's peanut butter cups and they only get better with their holiday pumpkins, trees, hearts and eggs dang them for being so darn irrestible. Great picture by the way.

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
You are so funny girl:) It is to bad that flipping chocolate and peanut butter taste so darn good:) I love the animal traquilizers comment!! Don't worry about your kids....my little guy is a little tornado:) My two older kids were actually pretty good to take out so this is new for us:) Good job on the run and good luck on your March goals!!

Aka Alice said...

I tried giving up sugar once...once...

Giving up bread products is much harder for me though.

Good luck with the sugar fast. You can do it!

Megsie said...

I love that picture...love! And, I love sugar, and cheese dip and pizza...all today. What am I doing???

Diana said...

It was/is always the "PEEPS" for me! Damn those fluffy marshmallows covered in sugar....

Jess said...

It is tough to avoid all that pretty Easter candy! I like teh pastel colored M&Ms.

Staci Dombroski said...

That is how my daughter looked when we went to a Mexican food restuarant this weekend. I think we will NOT be allowed back either :-) Have a great week!

Carolina John said...

those eggs. the cadbury ones. yes those. they get me. every. year.

instant diabetes, and i'll eat every one i can get my hands on.

Missy said...

Forget the chocolate, give me a bag of sweet tarts and I'll eat them until my tongue is raw!

James said...

Oh dear lord but I do have a horrible weakness for yellow Peeps! I have also been eating the Cadbury cream eggs (not he mini) and the same Reese's PB eggs.

At least I ran a 15k this weekend so I don't feel quite as bad.

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

BAHHH AHA HA HA HA!!!! It;s for the kids!! I can't stop laughing!!!

Jamoosh said...

You need to get the kids all hopped up on sugar and once they crash - then you take them out to dinner...

Al's CL Reviews said...

Good luck on a sugar free March!

Megan said...

OMG those are my fav candy in the whole world. The big man came home with some yesterday. I've eaten two already. Dang!

Megan said...

OMG those are my fav candy in the whole world. The big man came home with some yesterday. I've eaten two already. Dang!

ajh said...

Cute cute picture! Got to love that Easter candy. I love the jelly beans. I CANNOT buy them or I eat them all.

Tamzin said...

OMG those things are evil!!! I can not be in the same room as them.