Thursday, February 4, 2010

Where Did the Week Go?

I can't believe it is Thursday night already.  It has been one of those weeks were it feels like I am a machine.  Work.  Eat. Shred. Sleep.  Repeat.  Work has been insane.  I am doing the best I can, but I am swamped and quite honestly a bit a lot overwhelmed.  I guess I can call my work load job security.

Good friends and Chipotle is the best stress buster.  I haven't been able to make it to the gym all week and today I chose to do lunch with my friend rather than workout.  It was good decision because I needed the break.  Laughter really is the best medicine as we laughed so hard our stomachs hurt. I know people around us must have thought we were high because of our middle school maturity level.

I have been struggling with making decent food choices.  I am due for a trip to the grocery store.  Because the food supply at home is dwindling, I am getting lazy and I have been eating on the run.  It is painful to see how fast those convenience calories add up when you record them.  The good news is that I am recording my food intake and I have made some shocking discoveries this week.  Did you know that each peanut M&M is 11.9 calories (I counted the individual pieces, 250 caloried/21 M&Ms) and Starbucks Iced Lemon Pound cake is around 500 calories!!!  I think I will pass on those items in the future.  Neither one was worth it.

Though I have had a rough week, my workouts have been great.  I completed day #27 of Shred this evening and I have not missed a day.  Yesterday I did the double duty of Shred and Pilates back to back.  That was really tough because both workouts hit the core muscles pretty hard.  It made for a very sore morning!

This weekend there is minimal stuff on the calendar.  I am looking forward to hanging out with the kids and being done with this Shred business!!!!

15 comments:

Aka Alice said...

11.9 Cals apiece?

((shudder))

((sigh))

I've been following you on FB. You are doing great. Jillian is certainly your biatch!

Lunch and laughter w/your BF is always the best thing to do!

Megsie said...

Oh, yum, Chipotle. I have been cooking today. And NOT counting. I need to count. Really. You are almost done with the Shred...and you haven't missed a day. WOW, that is so great!

Diana said...

My mini-tootsie rolls are 20 calories a piece. It's just wrong, completely wrong that something so wonderful can be so many calories!
Happy weekend!

Jamoosh said...

Convenience calories - doh! I should write those down too.

Marlene said...

11 calories in one M&M?? Holy.... when you put it that way, they hardly seem worth it.

WTG keeping up with the Shred! I admire your commitment to this thing.

Staci Dombroski said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend with the kids :-)

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
God I love Chipotle!! I just might have to do Chipotle for lunch today:) Good job kicking some butt this week! I hope that you have a fabulous weekend!!!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

WOW WOW WOW about the M& M's and the pound cake. I also heard to burn one 1 m&m you need to run the lenght of a football field and back. Crazy eh?! Discoveries are good, and laughter with great friends instead of the gym ANY DAY!!

D10 said...

Thanks for the peanut M&M calorie intake, I really enjoy them, maybe not so much now!

Have a great weekend.

Pink Panda said...

Sometimes those 11.9 calorie bites are so worth it though, especially mixed with ice cream.

Heather said...

Wow, almost done with the shred - way to go! Now I'm hungry for Chipotle. And peanut butter M&Ms.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I agree with the Starbucks but not the M&Ms. SOOOOO worth it.

Lisa T said...

Shred and Pilates back to back? Ouch!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

That's just a little depressing isn't it? 11 calories - wow.

I'm so impressed with your dedication to the Shred! I want to do it - I think I will!

Kristin said...

dangit Carly. Why did you have to post how many calories are in one M&M? now I will feel even more guilty as I sit at my desk and eat half a bag at a time!