Friday, March 19, 2010

Loving Life Today!

The weather is gone back to being cold and gray.  I still have a headache and I am completely and totally wiped out.  So why do I love today so much?  Today is a "Floating Holiday" which means I have the day off!  What makes this day off even better is that Chubby Hubby is at work and the kids are at school/daycare.  Was I wrong for not mentioning the fact that I have today off to anybody?  Nah...I am enjoying every second because the minute anyone catches wind that I am home, someone needs me.


I started the morning off right with a visit to the coffee shop for breakfast.  I had a quick meeting at 9AM so I decided to go early to read and enjoy a scone.
Then I went to meander around Target by myself.  It is such a treat to be able to walk around Target without having kids in tow.  I am lame, I know.


Also, today I saw a new Chiropractor.  I have been on the hunt for a new one since my old one is not covered by my current insurance.  The Chiropractor I saw today has been treating my son for his Asthma and the results have been REMARKABLE!!!  So, what is good for him, is good for me.  I wanted to be seen to be proactive with keep running injuries at bay during my training.  I am not in pain now, but my knee and hip have been "clicking" which from experience is a precursor to being benched.  Also I have noticed a decrease in strength on my right side during my Pilates class so she will be helping me with that issue as well.  I will need a little work to get my alignment back but she said she will get the body in marathon finishing condition.

Now the only thing left on the "have to" list today is going to get treatment for a sinus infection that has been brewing all week.  Feeling like crap all week is a good reminder that I need to use that damn Neti Pot more. 

The rest of the day is mine all mine.  I am not cleaning (unless I want to), I am not cooking, but I am going to take a nap and catch up on blogs.  Woo Hoo!  I love days like this.

20 comments:

Staci Dombroski said...

I love days like that too!! I love to go to Target without the kids. I feel like it is a mini vacation :-)

Melissa said...

I noticed you are reading Bright Lights, Big City by Jen Lancaster. Have you read Such a Pretty Fat? It is my favorite of hers, hilarious read for anyone who has tried to lose weight.

Heather said...

Nice day to yourself! Have a good weekend.

Megsie said...

Enjoy today! Sounds heavenly :)

D10 said...

A whole day by yourself!!! Glorious. Enjoy every minute.

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
Good for you!! You deserve a nice day to relax:) It is crappy out there today...it is flipping cold:( I hope that you have a great weekend Carly!

Delane said...

that scone looks divine!

Scones and Coffee are one of my favorite breakfasts.

I too love to wander target alone..I also like to go grocery shopping alone.

http://euphoricagony.blogspot.com

Stacey said...

Yay for alone time! I totally hear you on perusing through Target sans "can we buy this? or this?" Enjoy your day! And have a great weekend!

Kerrie T. said...

Hi! New reader here. That looks like a Jen Lancaster book on the table. Do you like it? I enjoyed her first book: Bitter is the New Black, although I felt a little annoyed by her at the end. Overall, good book. :)

Glad you got some alone time! Sort makes me wish my son was school-age. ;)

Monica said...

It's always an awesome day when you can do things YOU want to do, when YOU want to them, for as long as YOU feel like it!!

lifestudent said...

whoooohoooo! Sounds like the perfect day, and a great start to the weekend ;)

hmm114 said...

Sounds like the perfect day !!

hmm114 said...

Sounds like the perfect day !! I've spent the day in a hospital room keeping my baby company. I've been dieing for absolutely nothing to do...but I'm going to go insane!!

MCM Mama said...

I love days like that. And Target is so much better without kids!

Al's CL Reviews said...

I hope the day was good to you!

Simply Life said...

looks like the perfect start to the day!

runningmom77 said...

I LIVE for those kind of days! They don't happen often, but when they do I take full advantage of them!

Diana said...

Wondering around Target with no one else usually means I won't get out of there without spending $100!

Diane Fit to the Finish said...

I don't think it's lame to go to Target alone. I LOVE that!!

I hope you have a great weekend.

Pink Panda said...

Is that the one in Edina?