Friday, March 5, 2010

Over It

I am past Wednesday's rejection.  I am not sad at all that I will not be participating in the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon.  My hope is that I will still be up there cheering on the runners and possibly doing the William Irvin 5K.  Perhaps I will volunteer.  In fact, my cousin has scored a spot as a finish line volunteer that gets to hand out medals to finishers.  Maybe I see if I can weasel my way into helping with that job.  It is such a fun weekend, that I would still like to participate even though I am not running.  Afterall, it is my hometown.

It wasn't the race itself that I was disappointed about not getting into, it was having that event to look forward to doing.  I NEED something to work for.  I have a few events that I am contemplating.  I am in the process of weighing the pros and cons as well as if the dates will even be feasible.  I know you will be sitting on the edge of you seat just waiting to hear about my next move. ha!


Woooo Weeee I have been neglecting your blogs....I have 700 posts in my reader!!!!

8 comments:

Monica said...

What a wonderful you attitude you have and I know that you joyous spirit would be a welcome sight to the weary runners! WTG!!!

Marlene said...

That's the spirit! Volunteering is second best!!

Now, get out that calendar and find another race to fill the void and get motivated. :)

Monica said...

The grammar in my earlier comment sucked!! Forgive me!

Lisa said...

Well. Drat. I guess you need to look around for some different race to work toward.

Megsie said...

Only 700? Hahahahah! You really can't skip a day, can you?

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I think it would be a great idea to volunteer for Grandma's!! I bet that will be just as fun if not more fun than running it! I would love to see you there:) Kudos for your positive attitude! Carly, I hope that you have an excellent weekend!

MCM Mama said...

Yes to volunteering and dude, come run with me in WI...

Tricia said...

Have a great weekend!