Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sonofa....!


I have really done something to piss off the Lottery Gods because once again my name has not come up to be in this race.  I am a wee bit disappointed but it certainly is not the end of the world.  Meh...I am not even in shape for it anyway.  I wonder if I am flagged to never get in races that have a lottery entry system because I NEVER get in (lie, I did ONE time).    I guess The Secret didn't work for me this time....ha!!!  I do think this was a good outcome and it happened for a reason.

Anyway...it is time for me to explore other races. I will probably still be up there and possibly see if I can volunteer for the day.

Congrats to Julie she is confirmed to run!  Still waiting to hear if Heather got it.  I am excited for them and can't wait to read about their experience.

I am off to Pilates now.  It is a perfect end to a crazy day.

19 comments:

WannabeRunner said...

Bummer - sorry you didn't get in!

Julie said...

Oh Carly,
I am sorry, I was really hoping that you would get in too:( Well, we are running another race together this spring so I will get to meet you there! Get in Gear...right?

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Everything does happen for a reason, but nevertheless BUMMER!

Jen said...

So sorry.... my luck is the same way.

Sarah said...

Sorry to hear that. :( There must be something better coming along for you.

Monica said...

Big Fat Bummer!! I'm sure you'll find another race!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Bummer!

Staci Dombroski said...

I am so sorry to hear that! I was pulling for you girl!!! Maybe next time :-)

teacherwoman said...

Sorry to hear that you didn't get in... how about the Fargo Half Marathon? FLAT, FRIENDLY, and FAST!

Heather said...

Stupid Grandma's. I didn't get in either. So I'm thinking of running the full . . .

Did you see that Twin Cities is doing a half this year 4th of July weekend? We will be out of town, but I think that would be a fun one to run.

Erica said...

ooohh poo you better summon your inner wants more...ha!

Megsie said...

I am so sorry you didn't get in! There are others, right? And, Ummm, I had TWO Girl Scout Cookies before dinner tonight. Only because my kids shared them with me. And, I now know that I can't have any more. I can't stop. They are soooooo goooood....

Aka Alice said...

BUMMER!

I hate lottery races...really I do.

Megan said...

Dang! I don't understand the lottery thing why not first come first serve.

Jamoosh said...

Darnit! Worst Grandma ever.

Dawn said...

BOO! screw 'em! ;)

Lily on the Road said...

Carly, the Lottery Gods are Like Santa (who knows who's been naughty or nice), they know who is in shape and who isn't! LOL.

Sorry you didn't get picked nonetheless....

Jess said...

Suxxorz.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Awwww, that sucks. Sorry you didn't get in. :(