Saturday, March 20, 2010

Spring Cleaning

It is a COLD and sunny Spring day. It is deceiving looking outside; it appears that the temps are warmer than they are. In reality, it is only about 35 degrees. The chilly temps and the diagnosis from the doctor (double ear infection along with a sinus infection) kept me indoors today. Instead of running I am cleaning out closets.

I usually pretty good about purging and getting rid of stuff by my bedroom closet has gotten a bit out of control.  It is kind of the last room in the house that gets attention.  Today was the day to attack this full on.

I found a stack of diet/nutrition books.  Hmmm, maybe if I read them instead of storing them in my closet, I would be SKINNY by now.


Then I finally found my Garmin.  It has been hiding for a long time and I finally found it under my bed (?).  How it got there I may never know.  If I can get this piece of crap running the way it is supposed to, I will have a good way to help me track my time for training.  I am not too confident that it will work the way it is designed because I have gotten it to work only ONE time.  I am kicking myself for going with the lowest model available.  I guess it got what I paid for.
Then I came across this little book.  It is titled"Women's Wit and Wisdom" it is a book of inspriational quotes and sayings.  I got it for my High School graduation from one of my track coaches.  She wrote a sweet note on the inside that ended with "Keep your goals on track".  It was nice to find this and it definitely put a smile on my face.  I can't believe I found this after all these years and all of my many moves I have made since leaving home.  I will have to keep this is a handy place.

My hope is that tomorrow I am feeling a bit better with an added day of rest. If so, I am easing back into my training by hitting the lakes for a change of scenery.

9 comments:

Megsie said...

It IS cold out isn't it? I was thinking of going for my first "walk" today. It still may happen. It probably won't though. Can you do my closet next? It is a PIT.

Lisa said...

All kinds of great finds during your 'spring cleaning' - hidden treasures! :-)

teacherwoman said...

THe fun things we find while cleaning... :)

Heather said...

Too funny, I refer to our bedroom as the last frontier. Always a complete disaster area because everything gets shoved up there and I can never get to it when I'm cleaning . . .

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I want our 60 degree weather back too!! Good job finding a few things today! I love that you were able to find something as special as the little book that your track coach wrote those beautiful words of inspiration:) I need to clean and go through all of the crap that we have piled up in our bedroom too!! Total freaking disaster:)

Aka Alice said...

LOL about the diet books. I think I have several of those :-)

You have lots of energy for a sick girl. When I'm sick, I just lie around.

Missy said...

I can read diet books like they're some kind of novels! I know, it's weird. I find all the different theories so interesting.

Kristen @ Change of Pace said...

I like cleaning in that aspect that you find stuff you didn't even realize you had! I have a stack of food books too! I should probably reread some of them :)

Al's CL Reviews said...

I was thinking the same as Alice. Energy and cleaning while sick?