Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sugar Free Day Kick Off

I am happy to report that nobody was hurt during yesterday's no sugar stunt.  I had three times during the day where I found myself sniffing out the candy bowl.  Good news is that I resisted and stayed away. Instead, I enjoyed some blueberries.  They made me happy, afterall, they are nature's candy.

But then my resolve was tested when I got this email titled "Girl Scout Cookies".  Dammit again!!!!!
I forgot I purchased 6 boxes of Girl Scout Cookies.  Yes, I said 6 boxes.  The girl that was selling them is the daughter of one of my co-workers.  Most of the time I can ignore my colleagues requests to support their children's fund raising but this time I couldn't resist.  This girl was a marketing GENIUS.  She wrote the most adorable letter and included a photo of herself.  To top it off, she was going to be making a personal delivery.  I bought it hook, line, and sinker.  It was too cute to pass up.  I wasn't the only one that got suckered in.  My friend and cube neighbor Leah, also ordered a truck load.

I am sure that I will not have any problems convincing the family that it will be their job to take care of these cookies.  This will be the first year I refuse to sit down and eat a whole sleeve (sleeve = box) of these things.  I am staying far far away.  I just feel good knowing that I helped a Girl Scout (not really, I am pouting a bit).



In other news....
My OCD is at a Code Red level today.  Registration closed for the Garry Bjorklund Half Marathon yesterday at 8:00 AM.  I have been obsessively checking my credit card account for pending charges and checking my email.  I do realize that they said March 4th.....but I am convinced in my own crazy head that it will be sooner.  I just want to know already!!!  Anyone else get any news yet????  HeatherJulie?

20 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Oh, girl scout cookies are my downfall... 6 boxes!?!? goodness!

Glad to hear your sugar free day was a success!

Heather said...

I've been checking obsessively too . . . nothing yet. Last year I got an e-mailed receipt in the evening of March 3rd (yes, I'm so obsessive I went back and checked - loser). Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us!

Sarah said...

My daughter is selling cookies this year but delivery is not until April. Good for you for staying sugar-free...I know I would not have the strength...u go girl!

Teamarcia said...

I just finished carting Thing 1 around the neighborhood and to the Caveman's office delivering those darn things. There really are maybe 6 cookies to a box if that so they'll be gone before you know it-hopefully down the gullets of others!

Megan said...

Mmm...girl scout cookies. I didn't order any this yr. Luckily nobody asked me. Which is good b/c I have a rule that I always buy things from kids who are selling stuff.

Good for you for going sugar free. I really should do that.

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I am in the same boat with you and Heather...no news yet!!! I keep checking when I have free moments at work. I really hope that we all get in...that would be very awesome:) Let me know when you find out and I will do the same!

Erica said...

"no one got hurt during yesterday's sugar stunt" made me laugh out loud! You are strong....Good luck getting in on the half!

Tracey Kite said...

You are stronger than I, giving up sugar and passing on the girl scout cookies. Good Job!

April said...

oh my! 6 boxes of girl scout cookies. That would be very dangerous in my house!
Glad you made it through the day sugar free!

moni said...

Satan is testing you in the form of Girl Scout Cookies!! Hang in there and fight the Beast!!! :)

Anonymous said...

donate them to the food shelf.....I'm sure your family can go without GS cookies this year...I am sure they got lots of goodies on Valentines Day, and Easter is coming!!

Al's CL Reviews said...

Our neighbor knows we will only buy GS Cookies if her DD asks. Since we have No Soliciting thing in the hood, we thought we were ok. She caught us when we were at dinner. So 2 boxes for us.

Megsie said...

Hope you get into the race :) I haven't picked up my GS cookies yet. I am delaying it as much as possible. Especially since I am not at all on the WW band wagon. In fact, I may be several blocks behind the wagon...

Staci Dombroski said...

I love the girl scout cookies :-)

Jessica25 said...

I'll take some Carmel Delights off your hands :) Wouldn't want you to be tempted or anything!

lindsay said...

what willpower. gs cookies were always so good! (then i discovered my allergies so i can resist fairly easily)

hope day 2 went well! you can do this!!

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

try freezing the cookies, it's been a great way for me to have a treat around without being able to consume it all at once

Carolina John said...

you have more willpower than I do then with the cookies. geez. 6 boxes? only 4 would have made it home.

Julie said...

Hi Carly,
I did finally get my e-mail confirmation this morning!! I am running Grandma's Half!!! Let me know when you find out:)

hmm114 said...

Such a GOOD thing that I have no girl scouts in my life at the moment......I would be doomed! I loved your sleeve= box reference. Ummmm...yea, soooo get that!!