Thursday, March 25, 2010

Three Things Thursday


How I Met Your Mother
I sure have been tired these past few days.  I wish I could say it was from a hard 10 miler or an ass kicking cardio class.  Nope, it is from sitting on my rear watching episode after episode of "How I Met Your Mother".  Chubby Hubby's co-worker lent us her DVDs of seasons 1-4.  I kept hearing about how funny this show was and I have never seen an episode.  It is really funny and now we can't get enough.  We have been staying up way too late and neglecting our housework because after the kids are in bed we have a date with this show.



Weight Loss
Some how I lost 6lbs.  Yay me.  I am not complaining.

The Ball is Back
Last year for almost 7 months, my chair at work was a big stability ball.  When I made the transition to being at my desk full time, I gave up the ball and got cozy in my swivel chair.  Today, I pumped that bad boy back up and I am once again replacing my chair with this ball.  My co-workers are snickering and placing bets when I am either pop this thing or wipe out.  Do you like my support system I have here?   I decided to pull it out again because my chiropractor said she could tell I was a "desk jockey".  From what I could gather, sitting at a desk all day is bad news for the bod.  So if I have to sit, I may as well work on my core muscles.



So glad tomorrow is Friday again!  TGIF Baby!

23 comments:

Monica said...

6 LBS !!! FANTASTIC! Keep doing what your doing!! Unless it was a sickness. :)

teacherwoman said...

"How I Met Your Mother" is a great show! And congrats on the 6 pounds!

Kate said...

Wow! 6lbs, go you!

Erica said...

great job on the 6lbs, and I won't lie the thought of that thing popping in a quite office in the middle of the day makes me laugh histerically....but I don't actually wish that upon you....but it would be funny to see all your co-workers faces!

RockStarTri said...

-6 is a big deal. Yay you!

X-Country2 said...

Holla for 6lbs! Keep up the good work.

Aka Alice said...

If there's a relationship between the ball and the weight loss, I'm all for it...

Tamzin said...

I was soooo spending this week thinking about getting a ball for the office...

I think I'm going to hunt around this weekend. :) Thanks for the inspiration

FattyPatty said...

6lbs, Woo Hoo!! I love HIMYM. My husband and I actually get a little bummed out when it is a repeat. LOL!

I would like to try the stablility ball for my desk chair. I have my own office so I don't have to face the ridicule of the other co-workers. Maybe I will try it.

Dawn said...

I love HIMYM! It's one of my favorite weekly shows. Nexy, yo uhave to try "Big Bang Theory". It's on at the same night as HIMYM too.

:)

Staci Dombroski said...

I love that show too! However, now I have soccer on Monday nights so I do not get to watch it. My husband and I did the same thing with the DVD's for 24. Once we saw it we were hooked. Have a great weekend!

E Mama said...

Yay 6 pounds!! I'm bringing my ball to work. I wonder how many times I will fall off?

Heather said...

I LOVE HIMYM. Congrats on the weight loss. My secretary sits on a balance ball. But she doesn't do any sort of other exercise and eats pizza hut every day. She hasn't lost any weight yet . . .

Jamoosh said...

Great idea. I should go back and spend a few hours a day on the ball while at my desk.

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

ZOMG, AQA Aleece is fantasizing about having a relationship with your balls!1! GET A ROOM, AQA ALEECE!1! And also: WHAT? My balls aren't GOOD ENOUGH for you?1!?

Teh 'Bride and I tried HIMYM once, a couple years ago, because we heard it was supposed to be very funny. The ep we saw? Not so much. So we never gave it a second chance because that Doogie Houser dude? Yeah, he looks exactly like Teh 'Bride's younger brother, whom she calls "Wombat", so she sez one chance was all she was willing to give the show.

Look, I'm not saying that makes sense, but it is a shining example of the way Teh 'B.'s mind works.

Congrats on the weight loss, sister!

Missy said...

Take the 6lbs and run! That rocks. Love the ball in the office.

TNTcoach Ken said...

Must have been the chair for the six lbs........

Amanda - RunToTheFinish said...

6lbs don't act like you haven't been eating well and working out!

i think that show is soooo funny

Kerrie T. said...

I LOVE HIMYM, too! Did you see the Robin Sparkles episode yet? My cell phone ring is "Let's Go to the Mall"! LOL!

Deanna - The Unnatural Mother said...

Great show, great weight loss, and YAY for the ball !!

xm41907 said...

Great job on the 6 lbs. I recently started trying to stand instead of sitting at work. Unless I am actually on the computer, I work from a shelf system that I modified into a desk. If I could move the computer there, I would ditch my chair altogether. I'll have to look into the ball.

Ann said...

Congrats on the 6lbs! I am both excited for you and hate you at the same time =)

LL said...

I've sat on a stability ball at work for the last 10 years. I briefly went back to a chair when I was pregnant because I was afraid of falling, but my aching tailbone quickly transferred me back to the ball. I love it, and my co-workers snicker, but I don't care.