Monday, March 29, 2010

Weekend-Wrap Up

Gone are my lazy weekends that I have grown to love.  I have been blessed with several consecutive weekends where all I did was relax.

Thursday and Friday night, my oldest son had his first grade music performance and school play.  He is amazing because he feels right at home on stage.  I wish I had the confidence this kid has.  Just the thought of giving a speech in front of my peers is enough make me vomit.

I thought I got to the school early enough for primo seating by getting there both nights half an hour early.  Oh, how I was wrong!  I walked into a full lunchroom/gym/auditorium and found a seat in the way back.  Those parents with the good seats must have camped out the night before.

Next to us, was the lady running the schools video camera recording the show.  Lucky her, she had my family sitting next to her picking up all the commentary from my kids.  I am sure she has recorded Diva standing up and yelling "I HAVE TO POOP" and my son saying "What kind of stupid thing is this?".  Because I had photography duty myself, Chubby Hubby had to remove the children and watch from the hallway.

Saturday was OCD cleaning day at our house.  Our yard is raked, deck is scrubbed, and we have bags upon bags of stuff for donation.  I did make time for a short run that was only about a mile and a half.  Truthfully the run kind of sucked.  I actually wrote a really whiney post about it but promptly deleted it because whiney isn't going to get me anywhere.  Then my day was made....Sarge sent me a message!  She is currently serving active duty and I don't get to hear from her that often.  For those of you that do not know, Sarge is my running partner and the person that kicks my ass and keeps me honest.  I miss her and just hearing from her put a smile on my face.

Sunday was the day of insanity.  I got up and I ran 2.25 miles without stopping.  I know it is not a distance to write home about but it is a good milestone for me.  I was very happy to cross the 2 mile threshold.  After the run, it was all about running errands....Target, a newborn photoshoot, birthday party pick up, back to Target, and a night of photo editing.  I was exhausted but it felt awesome to be so productive.

This week, I can am shooting to hit 3 miles by Sunday.  I am not sure if I will make it, but I am going to try very very hard.  I am also going to try and catch up on my blog reading/commenting. 

Happy Monday!

14 comments:

Carolina John said...

wow. I wish I had your weekend purging abilities. congrats to the big guy too for a great performance! those kinds of things build confidence in him that will stand up for the rest of his life.

Delane said...

Congrats on your son's play.

I'm at the 2.25 mark myself. Seems so long ago that I had a base of 5 miles. It will come back to us, it just takes time, willpower and the strength to get off the couch.

Al's CL Reviews said...

I'm so glad you got to hear from Sarge!

Sarah said...

Your son is just adorable!!
Way to go on your run...keep up the good work!

Monica said...

Great Job!
Cute story about your son's play! He's a real cutie!!

TNTcoach Ken said...

Lazy hazy weekends, Ah yes where have they gone? You ran and that is sometimes all that matters.

xm41907 said...

I agree, you ran and that's all that matters. I recently started back into running after a 5 year break. I'd love to run farther like I used to but for now, it's generally less than three. Yesterday, all I could handle was 1.5 miles. I just take it one run at a time.

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like a busy weekend!

Julie said...

I can't wait for my little guy to start having those school performances:) I love the pictures! Good luck with your upcoming run...you will be just fine! I hope that you have a great week Carly!

Glaven Q. Heisenberg said...

Just hit "mark all as read" and start from scratch. When you fall behind like that, you'll never catch up if you get sentimental about it!

Jamoosh said...

Next time the OCD hits and you can't find enough to clean, come on over!

Megsie said...

I am so happy to hear that Sarge is okay. How great that you got to hear form her. The camping out for the premier seats kid of sucks, especially since you got WAY better pictures than I did. Other kids were always in front of my kids. Would you like to come and work your OCD magic at my house? I could use it!

lindsay said...

i am terrified of public speaking. i hope my bff does not expect me, the maid of honor, to give a speech at her wedding! ahhhh. :)

how nice to hear from your friend. glad she is doing well!

sanjeet said...

a great performance! those kinds of things build confidence in him that will stand up for the rest of his life.
post free classified ads